• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PROOF Appreciation thread!

108 posts in this topic

TPB #4 comes out in May... I very much enjoy reading the TPB's here... I read the singles but then also read the trades.

In the Company of Men (TPB #2) is my favorite thus far...

I read it as singles and just recently picked up TPB #1 (cause it was cheap).

I noticed the inside was arranged differently. Are all the trades that way? I didn't read the TPB, but was wondering if it flowed better. (shrug)

I still have 2... one I think is probably about 9.4 and the other... well... I mailed it to Riley when I paid for my splash page and commission; he signed it, and then I mailed it to Alex to sign and send back with my SDCC book... It did not like to travel; I think it's prolly FN/VF now, but I'm happy to have it. :)

I'd ruin all my copies for that commission.

I noticed the inside was arranged differently. Are all the trades that way? I didn't read the TPB, but was wondering if it flowed better. (shrug)

I think they probably tweak all the tpbs. It's very noticeable in that first trade. Yes, that trade reads much better than the single issue #1. Re-arranging a few pages laid things out alot better.

I still have 2... one I think is probably about 9.4 and the other... well... I mailed it to Riley when I paid for my splash page and commission; he signed it, and then I mailed it to Alex to sign and send back with my SDCC book... It did not like to travel; I think it's prolly FN/VF now, but I'm happy to have it. :)

I'd ruin all my copies for that commission.

hah! I'm really happy with it... the fact that they used it, after the fact, as a back cover ad was pretty incredible. :)

I think they probably tweak all the tpbs. It's very noticeable in that first trade. Yes, that trade reads much better than the single issue #1. Re-arranging a few pages laid things out alot better.

+1 +1 +1

That's me. :grin: Probably one of the few slabs that I probably will never sell.

Good for you. I have an uber graded #1 like that from another title and would never sell it too.

Picked up #1 and #2 at my LCS and just read them.

:cloud9:

Great book!

I love #2's cover too.

it takes all kinds. :)

#2 is one of my least favorite covers, actually...

awesome that you enjoyed it tho!

Just got this from Alex via Facebook re: Seasons 2&3:

Jim Rice: Will Proof season 2 be the best thing in comics in 2010 Or will we wait longer? Will this be released with a plannned "season 3?" (say yes!)

Yesterday at 10:00pm · Comment · Like · See Wall-to-Wall

Alex Grecian Of course it will! It'll make Proof: Season One look like s#!t. :) I think 2010 (but don't hold me to it). Our schedules got all bolluxed up and I don't know when anything's hitting anymore. Season Two will be released in a slightly different format so we don't fall behind again. And it will take us through the stories I have planned. Whether we continue the series beyond that depends a lot on how well Season Two sells. So... Maybe!!!

2 hours ago

Jim Rice thanks, Alex... that'll help my sales pitch. Everyone says, "Proof? Isn't that series ending?" Some solid answers are great. :)

about an hour ago ·

Alex Grecian It's ending for, at most, a handful of months. These last couple issues have been hellacious to get out and we don't want to run late again. We need to get ahead. But we're definitely not going away for long.

Got to read #26 last night...

What a beautiful experience!

Riley's last image at the end of the book was absolutely haunting... Despite knowing what was eventually going to happen, Alex definitely kept the suspense up throughout the story. I really wasn't sure if I should expect this during this issue or more toward the end of Season 1.

The dynamic b/t Proof / Isabella and Elvis / Ginger to the things going on at The Lodge was handled wonderfully. This was a really foreboding story, but you didn't get bogged down in it thanks to the hopefulness shown in those other storylines. I really don't think Elvis is going to make it to Season 2... And I'm 50/50 as to whether Isabelle will make it.

Who in the world is Proof's father? Mi Chen Po is too obvious an answer, isn't it? That crazy little Dover Demon!

Is the fairy's story over? I'm wondering if there might be something much deeper going on there with the male fairies. Not sure I care too much one way or the other, but it did leave me wondering.

And poor Nadine! Is she going to go not_in_tune_with_social_norms crazy?

Great issue; very very excited for 27 and 28... I hope 28 is at least double-sized. No way all these questions are getting answered in 48 pages.

*bump* for issue #27 which came out yesterday and Alex's confirmation that he's working on the intro to Season 2 right now!

Seemed like a lot was going down in this issue but with, like, zero action.

Some secrets revealed... (Leander is... who?), some prejudices came out... (c'mon Elvis... Nadine's a good girl now)... the threat uncovered... maybe? (where's Richard Gere when you need him)... and a lot of fairy posing...

Feels like we're still building up just waiting on something to explode. How many questions can they possibly answer in only one more issue? 28 was solicited to have 32 pages... we've got a lot of ground to cover! And we've gotta finish up the Archie Snow tale (which was longer than usual this time... and really? that's what's under his suit?)

I was honestly hoping for a little more to go down instead of more pounding of the war drums. I still really enjoyed this b/c I liked the characters... the Isabella / Proof thing seemed to get uncovered pretty fast with no one seeming to really care all that much. Maybe that was the deal with the whole issue, really. Everything kind of came out really quickly, and it was a little rushed to get everything told. Maybe that's just in my head since I know the next issue's the last, but I'm really hoping 28 feels like everyone's story has room to breathe.

Also, that is NOT a in the box...

and *heart* Qui.

Finally picked up this series and started reading it last night and am up to issue 10 right now. I've read through this thread and noticed some of the comments on the art, funny thing is, I love the art! I had no idea it was the same guy that did Cowboy Ninja Viking (someone may have pointed it out in the CNV thread, but I totally glossed over it). I'm a big fan of CNV too.

Great stories so far. The only thing that bugs me is that some of the issues are really disjointed, jumping around from one story to the next and back or two/three different storylines going on in one issue. But that's a minor sticking point and I got used to it pretty quickly.

Really looking forward to finishing the first 'season' and starting the second. Good stuff.

Just got back from Wizard World Philly. I got a chance to meet and talk to Alexander Grecian Friday and again today. He was great and really nice. We talked for awhile on Friday and I got 2 books Signature Series and a couple raw books signed.

After talking to him Friday he told me I could bring my entire collection back today to get signed by him. :applause:

He was great and took the time to sign every book and draw a sketch on each book.

He's even going to send me a signed copy of #28 after it gets released so I'll have an entire set of Season 1 autographed.

He signed every book for free. (worship)

I can't say enough about how nice he was, and if you're reading this Alex thanks again!!!

The sheet of paper with the drawing on it, is a piece of Original Art his 6 year old son Graham gave me.

Here are some pics.

ProofSet.jpg

ProofTPB1.jpg

ProofCGCSet.jpg

Not quite ;)

He's right. I actually saw Jeff's copy of Proof #1 in another thread. I asked Alex to sign mine in the same spot. I think it's the perfect sig placement for that book. (thumbs u

The census also shows a 9.8 SS copy of Negative Burn #7 exists too.

I think the creators are working hard to get Season 2 going so that's probably why they weren't there. Alex still says it should be later this year for Season 2 and the last issue of season 1 should be out any time now..