• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grading a Miscut Comic (FF#38)

10 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

Here's something different for folks who like to grade.

I have copy of FF #38 here where the cover was attached to the book without being aligned properly -- it was set too low -- and then after the cover was stapled to the book, the comic was trimmed by the printer, so that a sliver of "uncovered" interior pages can be seen at the top. The interior pages are all properly centred with adequate margins all around. No one has monkeyed with the staples. There's been no "marrying" going on here.

Part of the indica on the interior front cover is missing, as you would expect from looking at the scan of the front cover. I've also included a partial interior page to show the margins. I've got no digital camera, only a scanner, so I didn't want to close the cover of the scanner on the open spine of the book.

Anyone care to hazard a grade on this one? Thanks for your time.

ff38_back-1.jpg

ff38_front-1.jpg

ff38_interior_page.jpg

I wouldn't trust the guy who set up the production on that run to cut my hair. Sheesh! that's the biggest miscut I've seen, ...ever. Maybe it is worth slabbing to preserve for the Guiness Book of World Records as "The most miscut comic." I'll give it a 4.5 anyway. :)