• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: flawless comic with a creased corner

16 posts in this topic

What's the best CGC grade one can expect on a book with a small color-breaking corner crease but is otherwise flawless?

Here's photos from two sample books to illustrate the kind of flaw I'm asking about. These books are solid 9.8s before you factor in the crease.

Popeye87flaw.jpg

Popeye85flaw.jpg

It depends if just the cover is affected, or if the crease carries into the interior pages. It might be tough for either of those to make it beyond 8.5... spot pressing might be helpful.

It depends if just the cover is affected, or if the crease carries into the interior pages. It might be tough for either of those to make it beyond 8.5... spot pressing might be helpful.

Crease is only on the cover.

can you press it bro? I would.

Nah.. You can't press out a color-breaking crease -- the problem isn't the bending, it's the broken color. There's nothing else on the book that would benefit from pressing.. it's in amazing condition.

I think you guys are being a little harsh. I have a few 9.4's that have worse creases than that.

I would be unhappy with a "9.4" with a crease like that, let alone bigger.

Didn't say I was happy about it, Just that it happens.

I have and X-men #118 in a CGC 9.2 case with 4 cb creases on the spine.