• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Marvel Spotlight #2

17 posts in this topic

I'd say 5.5/6.0. This issue is notorious for binding problems, causing the squarebound spine to not be square. At least your spine doesn't have this problem...

Yeah? I dont think this is a square bound book (shrug)

I'd say 5.5/6.0. This issue is notorious for binding problems, causing the squarebound spine to not be square. At least your spine doesn't have this problem...

Yeah? I dont think this is a square bound book (shrug)

Yes, it is. It came out during the month Marvel went to 25 cent giant-size across all their titles. The following month they went to 20 cents as a standard. Other books from this month include (off the top of my head): ASM #102, FF #116, Fear #12, Astonishing Tales #8, Avengers #93, Conan #10 & #11, etc.

Here's a list I found, but I think it's spotty on it's correctness. Including Annuals that were always 25 cents (at the time) really shouldn't count. The Conan Special #1 at 35 cents would be a more appropriate inclusion. It stands alone as a price increase book between the 25 cent giants and the 50 cent line, which started in 1974.

http://moocowcomics.blogspot.com/2005/02/25-cent-pictureframe-issues.html