• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT You could ship the REAL TARDIS for less

7 posts in this topic

I won this TARDIS toy bank on eBay:

Tardis.jpg

I was quoted shipping costs to Canada (Norristown PA to L7J 1M7, Ont.) of $41.95 for shipping and handling via USPS Priority Mail International Medium Flat Rate Box.

The box will be 12"x12"x8" and weigh five pounds.

Is there a cheaper way to have this shipped or do I just have to suck it up?

"Flat Rate Box" means "flate rate."

it sure as heck isn't forty-one ninety five. looks like a couple of sawbucks in "handling charges."

Uh - none of the flat rate boxes fit those dimensions of 12x12x8 (it's the depth that appears to be precluding the flat rate).

I would guess he is misquoting flat rate and just means International Priority. Though looking at the USPS web site a 5 lbs package would still only be 26.00. (shrug)

I want to extend my thanks to everyone above for the advice and link. I sent this information off to the vendor with the link and hope that a more reasonable rate for shipping will be the result.

Thanks again.

Five pounds is not enough to make it worth using the large flat rate boxes to Canada, but it is enough for the medium FRB.

The cost for a 5 pound PMI package is $26. The cost for a 9 pound PMI package is $33. These weights are the point where you would want to use a FRB versus a regular PM box.

The cost of the large flat rate box to canada is $32.95. The medium box is $25.95.