• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Favorite Archie Covers
6 6

1,558 posts in this topic

Here are some 1960s era issues:

z-bv%20summer%2013.JPG

Some of the following are from the "Scrawled Publication Date" collection, a fairly high grade collection of Archie Giant size books identified by the scrawled publication date on the upper left corner of the cover. These turned up at my LCS about 12 years ago for $1 to $2 each. They are all in pretty sharp condition with glossy covers.

z-bv%20summer%20140.JPG

z-bv%20summer%20147.JPG

z-bv%20summer%20155.JPG

z-bv%20spect%20145.JPG

z-bv%20spect%20153.JPG

z-woa%20141.JPG

z-woa%20177.JPG

Finally, this is a favorite B&V from 1962. It took a while to find a fairly high grade copy.

z-bv73.JPG

Those are great Laugh covers. Are those both Harry Lucey? I would guess #88 is but I can't tell about #78.

I took this week off from work so among other things, I've been purusing my Archie archives. I have to make sure that I pull them out to enjoy them from time to time so that I can justify having so much money invested in them.

Here are the covers of Archie Comics, pre and post Comics Code.

z-archie%2072.jpg

z-archie%2073.jpg

This is the final issue of Reggie from 1954. Archie's Joke Book picked up the Reggie numbering going forward. When Reggie was revived in the 1960s, the series continued with number 15 as well and with the same cover joke as #14.

z-reggie%2014.jpg

I don't have Reggie #15 scanned right now, so hopefully I can find it and add it to this post.

Those are great Laugh covers. Are those both Harry Lucey? I would guess #88 is but I can't tell about #78.

#88 is definitely by Lucey, #78 confused-smiley-013.gif

Nice books--I really like the cover to Reggie 14. Obviously it was so good they used it twice smile.gif

143skk

is your Archie collection complete? What are you missing?

I still have around 150-200 issues to go (you can see I keep excellent records 27_laughing.gif). Nothing real major needed at this point--just mostly a bunch of '50s and '60s issues. I'm trying to get finished by the Chicago Comicon (OK, OK Wizard World)--we'll see if I can do it smile.gif