• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Favorite Archie Covers
6 6

1,558 posts in this topic

Here's an oddball book I picked up recently. It contains a stripped copy of a 1959 Archie book.

That is a strange one.

I knew there was a thread like this somewhere but couldn't find it when I posted this one over in Silver. I suppose there's an innocent interpretation of what's going on here beside Juggy sniffing glue -- he's just taking a nap? What the heck is he doing daydreaming about Archie instead of all those cute girlies in Riverdale? I think his eyelids and the look on his face tell the story.

Jack

1615133-Jughead142.jpg

Here's an oddball book I picked up recently. It contains a stripped copy of a 1959 Archie book.

1622997-comics132.jpg

Great cover. A while back I had a chance to buy the original art.

Do you know if it's still available? I was thinking of commissioning a recreation, but if the original is available... cloud9.gif

1622997-comics132.jpg

Great cover. A while back I had a chance to buy the original art.

Do you know if it's still available? I was thinking of commissioning a recreation, but if the original is available... cloud9.gif

sign-funnypost.gif To both of you!

This is an upgrade. Not technically perfect, but rich color which is sometimes more important to me on these early 50's issues.

I had an abused, magic taped copy of this in my collection when I was about 10 years old in the early 1970's. I only had about 40 old Archie issues back then so the covers of those issues all have more sentimental value to me than other issues.

z-pep89.JPG

An ebay purchase from one of those non-comic book sellers that just happened to stumble upon some high quality books

z-archie25.JPG