• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers RE-Assemble in Marvel & Bendis's SIEGE?

28 posts in this topic

What is the difference between a theme and a cross-over? Is it because Dark Reign doesn't have it's own mini series. If that's the case it is a form of deception. They will be able to tell all of the cross-over bashers that they didn't do a cross-over. However, it's the same concept minus the mini. If it looks like a cross-over and it acts like a cross-over. It's most likely a cross-over.

Yeah they probably should've just not labeled it anything at all and just put the books out. That's one thing I think is missing from comics. The lack of hype. Back in the old days they hyped what was coming in the next issue on the back page and that was it, now you know 4-6 months in advance what to expect. F that! Put out a good story and if someone misses it then they are stuck digging through back issue bins.

Yeah they probably should've just not labeled it anything at all and just put the books out. That's one thing I think is missing from comics. The lack of hype. Back in the old days they hyped what was coming in the next issue on the back page and that was it, now you know 4-6 months in advance what to expect. F that! Put out a good story and if someone misses it then they are stuck digging through back issue bins.

Stop it.......You are making to much sense. :devil:

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/091007-Bendis-Siege.html

Seriously.....what's up with all of the events. They are killing the stories. They just keep rehashing the, "we are changing the status quo."

This has been happening for years since the abandonment of continuity.

Seriously. I think it detracts from the collectibility of items when everyone knows which ones to pick up. Every once in a while they need the "Oh ! Did you see what happened in Spider-Man?" and unless you're a die hard reader then you have no idea. I wouldn't mind at all in fact if they introduced some new superheroes that weren't kids. Meaning some that say Mr. Fantastic and Cap and Iron Man are like "Oh Rapture-Man we respect your opinion" as opposed to someone like Darkhawk who is like "Man I sure don't want to look foolish in front of Spider-Man" when Spider-Man is the character that looks up to Iron Man and Mr. Fantastic and Captain America and oh I've wandered and have ranted now. rantrant

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/091007-Bendis-Siege.html

Seriously.....what's up with all of the events. They are killing the stories. They just keep rehashing the, "we are changing the status quo."

This has been happening for years since the abandonment of continuity.

Continuity. Thats something that I loved. Oh how I miss thee :cry:

Seriously. I think it detracts from the collectibility of items when everyone knows which ones to pick up. Every once in a while they need the "Oh ! Did you see what happened in Spider-Man?" and unless you're a die hard reader then you have no idea. I wouldn't mind at all in fact if they introduced some new superheroes that weren't kids. Meaning some that say Mr. Fantastic and Cap and Iron Man are like "Oh Rapture-Man we respect your opinion" as opposed to someone like Darkhawk who is like "Man I sure don't want to look foolish in front of Spider-Man" when Spider-Man is the character that looks up to Iron Man and Mr. Fantastic and Captain America and oh I've wandered and have ranted now. rantrant

Well I'm not much of a collector. I prefer to read the stories, but I know what you mean.