• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Public sales data

6 posts in this topic

As great a tool as the CAF Market Data function is, it does not capture all Ebay sales. Recently, I found this free online resource:

http://www.icollectcomicart.com/Default.aspx

Go to this section:

http://www.icollectcomicart.com/appraise/default.aspx

I haven't seen this website mentioned before, but I have found it very useful. Not only does it have a lot of auctions not in CAF Market Data, but it also goes a few years further back as well. Even better, it has scans of all the art sold. Between this and CAF, collectors can get a more complete picture.

If nothing else, a very effective time-killer:P

Hope this helps.

Felix

This just looks like eBay auction results. Granted more of the information is saved for a few things but there isn't that much there. You can tell how much there is to learn from this site by clicking the "Learn" button. Notice there's nothing there.

Just another gimmick to get click-throughs so they can get a piece of eBay fees and higher ad revenue from Google.

I definitely didn't mean to imply that this is better than, or a replacement for, CAF Market Data. Just that it's a useful complement. As an example, I did a search for "Eric Powell Goon" on both CAF and Icollect. CAF had more overall results, but Icollect had some that CAF didn't. It also went back to 2004 vs. 2005 for CAF. As well, it provided scans so that I could ID the pages when the auction titles were nebulous. I found the auction where a page I recently bought originally sold. Not that that info does me any good, but is cool to know now that I own the piece.