• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GGA Nedor auction for Grinder! Schomburg bondage...

45 posts in this topic

Proceeds from this auction will go to James/comicgrinder. I don't know James, but he seems like a good guy and is obviously going through a rough patch, and some great folks here are vouching for him. Wanted to offer up what I can.

For auction: Fighting Yank #11 in 3.0, with an awesome Schomburg GGA/bondage cover. While I hate to see the book go, it was a forum raffle win some years back, so it seems like the perfect book to pay it forward. Cover is detached at the top staple, and there's a clean 1.5" split at the bottom spine (which is hard enough to see that I never knew it was there). Pages have slight fanning towards the back, but no spine roll; book is very flat. All in all, a lovely low-grader with sweet colors and eye appeal. Great WWII stories, one of which includes a Hitler appearance, with the Yank and other heroes. Supple light cream/OW pages.

This is a 4-day auction, ending Sunday Monday night at 11 PM eastern. Please post in the thread to bid. Shipping will be extra at cost, and I'll happily ship overseas.

Opening bid: 1 cent

Reserve: 10 cents :)

Good luck! (thumbs u

--Jon

fightingyank11.jpg

4 day auction for one book? Don't need that long on these here boards... wish you had more books to offer. I read about 'Grinders' plight. Some real bogus stuff there. Very sad story. He'll make it out okay though I'm sure in the end. You guys really rally behind fellow boardies.. cool stuff indeed.

... wish you had more books to offer.

If by this you mean "I wish there were more books up for 'Grinder's benefit!", make sure you check out the main auction thread here, where the real action is.

If you mean "Jon, I wish you had more books for sale!", then swing on by the VCC next weekend, where I'll have plenty more stuff up for grabs. :)

Yep, long auction here but it's for a good cause. (thumbs u

Ill bump it up to $150!

I don't know Grinder. But I have in the past been on the receiving end of some good will. And it was pretty cool. Time to pay it forward!

cheers,

Vance

Vance, that's awesome. Thanks for the bid! :applause:

High bid is now $150... Auction ends tomorrow night. :whistle: