• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can Anybody Spare A Guesstimate on Daredevil & Avengers OA Wally Wood pages?

9 posts in this topic

Just wondering if anybody here in this very knowledgeable crowd could give a general guesstimate or range on how much an original OA interior page from Daredevil #9 or Avengers #20 might sell for at this particular point in time?

Thanks in advance!

Geez...quiet here...I guess you need to give a bit more description to get even a guess.

Top 5 page in the book or bottom 5? Number of panels? How many panels with Hero in costume? Is it a battle page etc...

Geez...quiet here...I guess you need to give a bit more description to get even a guess.

Top 5 page in the book or bottom 5? Number of panels? How many panels with Hero in costume? Is it a battle page etc...

Was it my breath? lol!

Thanks mtlevy for the reply. I have received a few private replies also and I thank them as well. Sorry that the question was rather cryptic I have a few pages in storage and am working from memory (which is not the greatest) so did not want to be so specific. I have not really wanted to part with them but times being what they are was contemplating putting some up for auction if it was really worth while. I've done some searches and found some Sally Forth pages in $4,000 arena and some EC items which are very large numbers of course but have failed to find any Avengers or Daredevil pages by him in completed auctions just to even get an idea. I've auctioned off a few of his unsigned sketches now and the results were a bit lower than I expected so I am a bit hesitant to try one of the larger pages, even though the sketches are no comparison to a complete OA page. So I was hoping to hear some "really" general guesses about where art of this sort would fall if auctioned..

The only one I can remember at this point & that really still sticks in my mind Is an opening splash page with a large image of Daredevil in his original black and yellow costume swinging across a city street looking out at the viewer. The other pages being more common I can't really remember.

Was it my breath? lol!

Thanks mtlevy for the reply. I have received a few private replies also and I thank them as well. Sorry that the question was rather cryptic I have a few pages in storage and am working from memory (which is not the greatest) so did not want to be so specific. I have not really wanted to part with them but times being what they are was contemplating putting some up for auction if it was really worth while. I've done some searches and found some Sally Forth pages in $4,000 arena and some EC items which are very large numbers of course but have failed to find any Avengers or Daredevil pages by him in completed auctions just to even get an idea. I've auctioned off a few of his unsigned sketches now and the results were a bit lower than I expected so I am a bit hesitant to try one of the larger pages, even though the sketches are no comparison to a complete OA page. So I was hoping to hear some "really" general guesses about where art of this sort would fall if auctioned..

The only one I can remember at this point & that really still sticks in my mind Is an opening splash page with a large image of Daredevil in his original black and yellow costume swinging across a city street looking out at the viewer. The other pages being more common I can't really remember.

It's going to be almost impossible to compare Wood on Sally Forth with Wood on Daredevil.

Sally Forth had a titillation factor absent from his superhero work. So you might see different groups bidding on each genre. And Sally Forth pieces have sold for between $1200 and $3800 recently. The $3800 was for probably the best of the strips you will see.

His EC covers and twice up Marvel covers go for giant money, but they don't really help in valuing interior pages.

Also, I don't remember DD #9 completely by memory, but DD changed to his red costume in issue #7. Are you sure it was a page from issue #9?

Best,

Chris

Was it my breath? lol!

It's going to be almost impossible to compare Wood on Sally Forth with Wood on Daredevil.

Sally Forth had a titillation factor absent from his superhero work. So you might see different groups bidding on each genre. And Sally Forth pieces have sold for between $1200 and $3800 recently. The $3800 was for probably the best of the strips you will see.

His EC covers and twice up Marvel covers go for giant money, but they don't really help in valuing interior pages.

Also, I don't remember DD #9 completely by memory, but DD changed to his red costume in issue #7. Are you sure it was a page from issue #9?

Best,

Chris

Hi Chris, Unfortunately no Sally Forth pieces, but that was my thought as well maybe different markets or fan base so really hard to compare the 2. Really sad no EC pieces either major money there.

The DD#9 was just an example only, I used it purely because it was an early number for conversation purposes, with your knowledge then this piece is from an earlier issue, I didn't know/check out when his costume changed. I've got to get the pieces out of storage there must be a number listed on it for production purposes, I can't remember those details though off the top of my head only the image sticks.

Best

Lee