• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Collecting dilemma....

27 posts in this topic

Well.....the time has finally come. I am to a point in my collection where I am running out of books to sell, which in the past has helped susidize the purchase of other books. For years now I have been buying the majority of my books on time payments which has allowed me to buy what I might not have been able to otherwise.

Here is my problem. I usually have about 300 a month that I allocate for my purchases. With that said, I have to decide which books I really want the most and plan out how my payments are going to run. The CLink auction is going to start next month and it contains 3 books that are high priority wants for me. It would not be an issue if these books popped up everyday. Also, there are about 6 books from two different major dealers that I have been looking for. I am afraid if I let those go by, I might not see them in their respective grades again.

For the first time I am seriously considering selling some books that I wouldn't want to sell.

Scott

Well.....the time has finally come. I am to a point in my collection where I am running out of books to sell, which in the past has helped susidize the purchase of other books. For years now I have been buying the majority of my books on time payments which has allowed me to buy what I might not have been able to otherwise.

Here is my problem. I usually have about 300 a month that I allocate for my purchases. With that said, I have to decide which books I really want the most and plan out how my payments are going to run. The CLink auction is going to start next month and it contains 3 books that are high priority wants for me. It would not be an issue if these books popped up everyday. Also, there are about 6 books from two different major dealers that I have been looking for. I am afraid if I let those go by, I might not see them in their respective grades again.

For the first time I am seriously considering selling some books that I wouldn't want to sell.

Scott

Your loss is our gain Scott....of course I mean this sympathetically :angel:

Please provide a list of great items at killer prices :hi:

I know how that is, you buy some books you like then a book you really want presents itself. Maybe sell some books that you'll be able to find/buy again. Hold on to the rare/HTF comics, as replacing them would be difficult and probably expensive.

I hate selling books so generally I buck up and pay the piper ... but since I always collect within reason, I never had to stretch for the payments. Some books ... I have just let go. It's comics so as much as sometimes we think the book isn't coming to come around again ... it will :foryou:

I hate selling books so generally I buck up and pay the piper ... but since I always collect within reason, I never had to stretch for the payments. Some books ... I have just let go. It's comics so as much as sometimes we think the book isn't coming to come around again ... it will :foryou:

But often for more money :cry:

Scott

:hi:

sell the ones you can get back most easily down the road

That usually creates a vicious circle for me Marc....because I am not replacing the ones that will be easier to find down the road...due to seeing other "must-haves". Such is the level of my nerdness. :insane:

I still haven't replaced the 9.8 Avengers 58 with a puny 9.4 yet. That was sold back in January. lol