• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Third Signature Series sketch opportunity with Anthony Castrillo!

823 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Quick UPDATE.

I havent stopped working on covers and i apologize for the delay.

Im working on getting your books and a separate batch done before the months over, over 30 totaled. So i apologize again and you'll soon have the covers i promised.

In the meantime,heres a test cover done to see what the cover stock is like.

So far its the best cover to date.

f_amm_044e2eb.jpg

Look ma! No lightbox!

With these covers ill be doing original work,the recreation stuff is nice but not challenging and since Rob Liefeld called me out and this is his reply to my post on his boards quote" Says the guy who re-draws everyone else's work.",yes the irony of that statement coming from Rob Liefeld but he challenged me so...goodbye homages.

If you remember, I asked to see stuff that you've done that isn't a homage :)

They were/are great, but It's so much refreshing to see 100$ original Anthony style!

Must be a better feeling when you create something 100% yourself too, right?

Can't wait to see more. :hi:

With these covers ill be doing original work,the recreation stuff is nice but not challenging and since Rob Liefeld called me out and this is his reply to my post on his boards quote" Says the guy who re-draws everyone else's work.",yes the irony of that statement coming from Rob Liefeld but he challenged me so...goodbye homages.

Liefeld, who is he to talk. Guy cant draw to save his life

Agreed. AC you are an inspiration for artists here on the boards and otherwise. I was hoping you would do one more round of recreations, I had some ideas for covers I wanted to bring to life. Can we do an AC/DC trade? :wishluck::wishluck::wishluck:

Anthony, don't worry about what Rob says. You homage covers are terrific. It's very difficult to recreate the styles of other artist as well as do their originals justice.

I say this as an artist, do what you like. Everyone here seems to understand and greatly appreciate the work you do, so just do it!

-Steve

Anthony, don't worry about what Rob says. You homage covers are terrific. It's very difficult to recreate the styles of other artist as well as do their originals justice.

I say this as an artist, do what you like. Everyone here seems to understand and greatly appreciate the work you do, so just do it!

-Steve

+1

-Steve

+1

lol! I think i get it. You dont like the Liefeld art.Thats cool. I like the early stuff that showed promise then he just became ROB LIEFELD ltd.

I dont take offense at his comment, id much rather use it to push me as an cartoonist.

So back on topic,sketch covers!!