• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detective Comics # 423

11 posts in this topic

Hello all. Just wondering, has anyone ever seen (or own) a well centered and cut Detective Comics # 423? Mine and others I have seen seem to be smaller than the normal bronze book and many seem to have part of the issue number missing. Is this just inherent in the production of this particular book? Thanks.

Eddie

You're right, just about every copy I've ever seen has been miscut in some way... either the right edge just barely kisses the number 3 of the number 423, or else the 3 is cut off entirely.

However, check out this one I just found on ebay. Not high grade, but maybe the nicest cut I've ever seen on this issue. (Nope, I'm not the seller! :) ) It has plenty of space between the 3 and the edge:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Detective-Comics-423-NR-Batman-Adams-Cover-52-Pg-Giant_W0QQitemZ120482332344QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1c0d4e7eb8

Nice book Greggy. Does the cover get narrower as you go down or is it somewhat square? Mine is a good looking copy, but it looks so weird in a bag with a board as you can definitely see the book get narrower the further down it goes. And what's up with the (near) all blue Batman head? :)

Nice book Greggy. Does the cover get narrower as you go down or is it somewhat square? Mine is a good looking copy, but it looks so weird in a bag with a board as you can definitely see the book get narrower the further down it goes. And what's up with the (near) all blue Batman head? :)
The cover is 6.75 inches wide from the top to the bottom. It may look wider at the top due to the pages sticking out more from the top but the cover width is essentially the same.

I just picked up this really sweet copy from overseas for $11.55 shipped! Hope it comes in intact. Didn't notice the date stamp but, oh well. I love the cover image!

detectivecomics423.jpg

Your copy is probably the best cut you'll find... (thumbs u

Jim