• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What, it's Thursday and there are no NYC Comic Con reports?

62 posts in this topic

What's wrong with you people?

:jokealert:

I know - the con doesn't start until tomorrow.

Just the same, I'm wondering if there will be half as many reports as there were from Baltimore.

Larry

All the deals in NYC are happening today. Well, truthfully the deals in NYC were all gone by Monday morning. I heard Dale has been operating out of his van in the parking lot at 34th st and 8th ave since 4 am, Monday morning. He's a real go getter.

Harley caught a flat tire on the way to NYC from Baltimore on Sunday night. Word has it that he was pulled over for doing 125 mph in a 65 mph zone. Could have been bad, but he bartered the cop with an ASM #121 in VF-ish shape. Unfortunately, the flat tire set him back and he didn't get there until Monday night...and wasn't able to get the same parking lot as Dale. The freezing rain has forced Dale and Harley to employ the use of kind-faced NYC vagrants to transport books from Dale's van on 34th and 8th to Harleys van in the parking lot on 13th and 5th (and vice versa). No word on on where Bedrock has been all week.

Certainly, any poor sap that gets there after the close of business today may as well just turn around and go home.

Here is my report:

Weather stinks.

Rain is a piercing cold.

Brought supplies to the show.

Getting ready to bring my second load to the show. Over 100 Long comic boxes with real nice stuff.

Jeff

In NYC traffic on my way from the airport. It took over an hout to get my bag :pullhair:........might make the show tonight :wishluck:

YOU need to start doing a regular con report. El Heffe, Sr Queso, the

brightest tack in the box, etc etc.

In NYC traffic on my way from the airport. It took over an hout to get my bag :pullhair:........might make the show tonight :wishluck:

Wouldn't that be sharpest tack?

No...that would be the sharpest bulb.

Sheesh...if this public schooling gets any worse, I'm going to have to move off of Bizarro World.

All the deals in NYC are happening today. Well, truthfully the deals in NYC were all gone by Monday morning. I heard Dale has been operating out of his van in the parking lot at 34th st and 8th ave since 4 am, Monday morning. He's a real go getter.

Harley caught a flat tire on the way to NYC from Baltimore on Sunday night. Word has it that he was pulled over for doing 125 mph in a 65 mph zone. Could have been bad, but he bartered the cop with an ASM #121 in VF-ish shape. Unfortunately, the flat tire set him back and he didn't get there until Monday night...and wasn't able to get the same parking lot as Dale. The freezing rain has forced Dale and Harley to employ the use of kind-faced NYC vagrants to transport books from Dale's van on 34th and 8th to Harleys van in the parking lot on 13th and 5th (and vice versa). No word on on where Bedrock has been all week.

Certainly, any poor sap that gets there after the close of business today may as well just turn around and go home.

:roflmao:

Screw you Watson, I barely got the El Heffe thing correct. :baiting:

Screw you Watson, I barely got the El Heffe thing correct. :baiting:

This is true.

BTW... I think you were going for El Queso Grande. :whistle:

What's wrong with you people?

This is a bunch of pics I took.

And these are the books I bought.

And this is what's left after Doug Schmell and Tom Brulato went through everything (after Harley left some crumbs for them):

:grin: