• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Classic GA books - very cool stuff.

18 posts in this topic

A handful of cool books up for sale. The standard rules apply. Post the :takeit: guy here or via PM, I don't care which. You can PM offers, but first to commit gets it.

7 day return privileges if you're not satisfied. If you find resto that I didn't find/disclose, I'll make it right as long as you have the book.

Prices all include shipping in the US. Outside the US we can work something out, but I've been taking a bath on that lately, so it will have to be at cost.

Thanks for looking!

First up: Pioneer Picture Stories 6 - copy #1

Low grade with tape and some amateur color touch (under the tape). A very tough book to find. This was the first copy I managed to get after years of looking. I've since upgraded. Asking $55, which is less than what I paid.

87543.jpg.9d509a200d6025334fef094bc9e6c394.jpg

Frankenstein 1 - fantastic Briefer throughout. Great looking copy, nice paper, probably grades at a 5.0 due to light overall wear & a little spine roll. $260.

Just noticed the line in the top left corner - that's from the scanner. Not on the book.

87545.jpg.87a2e12586e5a2427e4e456cdb94e51f.jpg

Black Cat 50 - very solid copy. 4.5-5.0 with paper that is OW at worst, probably closer to OW/W. The paper is very nice and superior for a Harvey.

My scanner amplifies creasing & "white" defects, so this looks worse than it is.

Not an easy book to find in mid grade, everything that's available seems to be a beater or a file copy. Last 6.0 went for $1100. I was told to ask $850 on this one, that sounds steep. Let's try $750.

87546.jpg.0837c9890609e747ce33a70afed55536.jpg

All New 8 - VG- (3.5) asking a lot because this book just doesn't come up for sale in any kind of collectible shape.

This one looks very nice, but there's a tear at the single staple (on the front cover) which means that sliver of cover under the staple could slide out and be detached. If you wanted to stick a piece of tape on it, it would probably slab out at 4.5. Nice paper. $600

87547.jpg.b224d324e1767b3a3c50c3f311490cd5.jpg

All New 8 - VG- (3.5) asking a lot because this book just doesn't come up for sale in any kind of collectible shape.

This one looks very nice, but there's a tear at the single staple (on the front cover) which means that sliver of cover under the staple could slide out and be detached. If you wanted to stick a piece of tape on it, it would probably slab out at 4.5. Nice paper. $600

Now that's a tremendously cool funny book (worship) and should sell quickly.

I believe that Roy likes these.......

David you wonderful bastiche you, I do like Schomburg covers however this is not within my collecting focus. Thanks for thinking of me though. Hope you survived B'more!

Oh you understated azz man you, list it is a terrific Schomburg cover for once!

David you wonderful bastiche you, I do like Schomburg covers however this is not within my collecting focus. Thanks for thinking of me though. Hope you survived B'more!

(thumbs u

Copy #2 - looks nicer, but centerfold is missing. Also $55.

OK, I have to ask, why not marry the c.f. from the other taped copy?

ed

I've thought about it. I'm not sure it's worth it to do that. But if you want to buy them and give it a shot, I think it's a great idea! :baiting: