• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So.. how does this work?

10 posts in this topic

So how exactly does this work?

Auction

Is this a restored VF+ or is this a coverless copy? If I'd had the interior of the cover done on that Marvel 1 I sold a little while back would it have been considered a restored VF too? Once the cover is gone isn't it considered poor no matter what? (Unless you use a cover from another copy) A photocopy doesn't suddenly make this a VF+ does it?

CGC should introduce a new label colour...Black (as in the Black Death).

This would stand for 'Apparent Restored' !

In other words, if the comic had another (genuine) front cover attached then it would be restored. As this is a copy of another front cover then it gets the double-whammy !

It's a damn coverless copy! 893frustrated.gif

I was the under bidder on one for $250something just before the movie hype hit.

So now coverless ones might be worth $300???

And the photocover might bump it $25-$50???

$350 is tops.

Anything more... 27_laughing.gif

$1200 and BIN $2400!??? Crack smokers line up! tongue.gif

How do I get an appointment with the surgeon who "surgically attached" the front cover to back cover & spine? I have lots of coverless GA that needs this miracle. sumo.gif

Email comic keys... gossip.gif27_laughing.gif

Is this a restored VF+ or is this a coverless copy?

Bottom line? It is a coverless copy. Or, more accurately, a front coverless copy. The "surgical attachment" is probably a well performed Japan Paper or similar application or, if one is unlucky, a long strip of archival tape (or if one is very unlucky, a long strip of cellophane tape).

Also - note the left edge seems to be cropped by the scan. Not a lick of a hint of staples front or back as far as I can see. Would appreciate someone pointing out the staples if they see 'em. (Not syaing staples are missing - saying the scan looks badly cropped on the spine edge).

How do I get an appointment with the surgeon who "surgically attached" the front cover to back cover & spine? I have lots of coverless GA that needs this miracle. sumo.gif

Do you have any coverless All-Flash comics...I believe I need #10 ... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Also - note the left edge seems to be cropped by the scan. Not a lick of a hint of staples front or back as far as I can see. Would appreciate someone pointing out the staples if they see 'em. (Not syaing staples are missing - saying the scan looks badly cropped on the spine edge).

I'm guessing there are no staples visible from the exterior, and that the "surgically attached" cover is somehow glued or taped to the interior wraps. The whole thing is pretty ugly, and to present this as anything other than "coverless AF 15 w/Xeroxed front cover" is bogus. I'm not even convinced that the back cover is authentic.

But at least now I know how to squeeze every dollar out of the coverless FF #5 in my collection devil.gif