• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics vs Video Games

5 posts in this topic

I believe the two tie together, there are several games out there that sell for big money

if they are factory sealed such as Chrono Trigger or Secret of Mana as well

as import games or brand new older video hardware systems. Still a high grade Mega

key comic would sell for thousands above a video game; yet video games are very exciting for most and very collectible. I'm always surprised with all the interest and collectors of

video games that video game shows, unlike comics, do not draw very well. Maybe it's

the lack of guest appearances or no creators or artists like the comic book shows. But

there are plenty of games/hardware for sale, free tournaments, prizes and video games

to play. So not sure why the lack of interest.

I always thought if a comic dealer wanted to increase foot traffic at his/her booth, they

might consider giving out free prizes. Perhaps anyone who purchases a book would get

a raffle ticket for each purchase. The prize wouldn't have to be anything expensive but

something worth wild. Perhaps free admission for 2 to a big show like SDCC or a gift

certificate to have a book graded by CGC, a nice moderately priced book would do

as well. Anything exciting would be a plus, never witnessed any comic book dealer

give out prizes at a show.

At a local comicon, the organizer used to walk around the dealers' booths and ask for donations for door prizes. During the hourly draw, the organizer would call out the ticket # and say this prize was generously donated by xx dealer located at booth # and their website, etc.

Any vendor that diversifies their inventory at SDCC to include sealed NES games would probably make good coin $$$. (thumbs u

Maybe it's the lack of guest appearances or no creators or artists like the comic book shows.

This is why there's lack of interest. I've been a video game monger for longer than I've been into comics, and I really have no interest in video game conventions. I don't do tournaments, and dealers really could have nothing I can't get elsewhere.

:takeit: no nevermind :takeit: no nevermind :takeit: no nevermind