• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CENSUS UPDATED!

29 posts in this topic

ENJOY!

Thanks Steve. One comment: Is there a way the census can represent live grading data that I'm sure you guys are putting into the system during the grading process? Just wondering why these updates have to be done in a "batch" fashion?

Keep up the good work. thumbsup2.gif

I thought that there would be more activity on those, the Cerebus and TMNT. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Perhaps they are much much more scarce than people realize. I for one have never seen a true NM copy of Cerebus #1 or TMNT #1. Unlike the scarcity hype that surrounded Valiants, these issues genuinely had tiny print runs.

Or, perhaps no one is slabbing because there's no perceived market for these books? What would TMNT # 1 and Cerebus # 1 go for in CGC 9.4?

I thought that there would be more activity on those, the Cerebus and TMNT. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Perhaps they are much much more scarce than people realize. I for one have never seen a true NM copy of Cerebus #1 or TMNT #1. Unlike the scarcity hype that surrounded Valiants, these issues genuinely had tiny print runs.

Or, perhaps no one is slabbing because there's no perceived market for these books? What would TMNT # 1 and Cerebus # 1 go for in CGC 9.4?

Thousands of dollars each. Guaranteed.

Would anyone who had them in NM condition actually want to sell them?

They're not old enough to command the super-high-send-your-kids-to-college money,

so why disturb their "near mint sleep" long enough to send them in?

(Which is probably true for a lot of collectors with important books

of all eras who aren't about to sell them anytime soon.)

True. But there has been a case made on these boards that the window of opportunity for Cerebus is shrinking as it goes into reprint hell. The long term view on TMNT is probably better because of the other media it's involved in, keeping it in the public eye.