• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Two left: Subby 8, Flash 123 - 20% off remaining books

14 posts in this topic

Time to raise some funds to pay for some OA I just purchased. Sorry I didn't get a chance to post this for the VCC, but I was away for the weekend.

Shipping: Your choice, I can ship U.S. in a priority envelope for $5 or priority box for $10. Outside the U.S., check with me via PM.

Terms: PayPal personal option preferred. I can take a check if you don't mind waiting for it to clear. Returns accepted within 7 days after you receive the book. :takeit: trumps any PM offers, regardless of timestamp.

Big All American is sold. 10% off everything else.

Batman 47 also sold. 20% off remaining two books

Sub-Mariner #8

This is a very glossy copy of a classic Marvel cover with Subby and Thing. Unfortunately, there is a crease on right bottom corner of front cover, about 4 inches. Breaks color near the top of the crease. On the spine, there are a few color breaking creases. Bottom left corner has a few creases as well. Page quality is a nice off-white. The corners are sharp and there are no issues with the back cover. This is a solid 7.5, maybe an 8.0 (perfectly centered), depending on how you look at the corner crease.

Price: $50

subby_front.jpg

subby_back.jpg

Flash #123

Classic silver age cover with the introduction of the Golden Age Flash and Earth-2. A must have key for any DC collector. I grade this copy at a 3.5. It has a number of issues, but all within the expected grade. There are creases on the lower right front cover. A few other creases on the cover. A tear at the bottom staple where the cover has separate from the staple. The back cover shows some water damage which is also on a few pages from the inside back cover. Pages are supple and a nice cream color.

Overstreet: $220

My Price: $175

flash_front.jpg

Sorry. I forgot to scan the back.

Batman #47

The first detailed origin of Batman appeared in this 1948 issue. This is a low grade copy that has great appearance. Grade is approximately a 2.0 to 2.5. The front has only one major issue, the rust on the bottom staple and a touch of rust on the top staple. At the center-fold, the staples look new with no sign of rust. Pages are cream to light-tan. Interior top right pages all have a quarter inch out. Back has pieces missing at the top and bottom spine. Unrestored and an affordable way to get this classic golden age story.

Price: SOLD!

batman_front.jpg

batman_back.jpg

Big All-American Comic Book

This 1-shot from 1944 is thick with 132 pages. Grade is 1.5. The front presents well, especially when compared to the back. There is a tear on the bottom of the front cover and a few pieces missing. There is tape on the entire bottom half of the spine and 1 inch at the top of the spine. Tape on the inside front cover holding a few other tears together. The cover is detach from the book, but the comic is otherwise intact. Large piece out of back cover with tape over other tears. Page quality is excellent with white at the center to cream at the extreme edges.

Price: SOLD

allamerican_front.jpg

allamerican_back.jpg

On request, I did a more detailed check of the Batman 47. I commented in my original post that the interior top right pages had pieces out. Well, I think this is the remnants of water damage that caused the paper to dry and flake off. So, the top right still has remnants of that effect. The rest of the pages are much more supple.

Sorry about that. The good news, 10% off remaining books.