• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cheap hotels near san diego con centre?

13 posts in this topic

Define cheap? San Diego has excellent public transportation and often there are hospitality buses that run from the different hotels unless you plan to rent a car. Driving and parking downtown is dicey though and can cost over $20 a day.

I would hope some more recent SD con attendees could help you with the hotel ideas. I haven't gone recently..

Make sure to stop at Ducks (with an I not u) Last Resort in SD..fun place..

The Best Western Bayside is about 1 mile from the covention center, but the walk through the Gaslamp to the convention center is a lot of fun. It runs about $159 a night during Comic-Con.

The hotel is on Comic-Con's shuttle route.

Is the pickwick even still there? yikes..from a review site(I cut and pasted it):

"When we checked in the front desk couldn't figure out how to access our reservation. Once they did and we went to our rooms, one of them had a maintenance person living in it!! The replacement room was so dirty. The bath tub wasn't clean, the carpets were so dirty your socks turned black within a few steps. Our rooms had broken sink faucets, broken showerheads, broken toilet seats, broken door latches. The list can go on and on. The cable TV was hit and miss. A few of the channels worked but most were fuzzy at best. Smoking rules were not enforced. Just STAY AWAY fromo this hotel. There is a nicer Best Western a block up the street."

As a suggestion I would recommend you check review sites prior to booking anything..not just one sometimes it isn't enough.

I evaluate hotels as a consultant, even hotels with a good brand name or in a great area can have problems big time. Checking reviews can't hurt anyway.

yes $150-200/nite is in the budget!!!!!!!!!!

keep suggestions coming please

Blake, go to www.priceline.com and book your hotel room through them if you can. They have an option on the top right where you can bid your own price. If you are bidding far enough in advance you should get a decent price. We got a hotel room in Chicago for $49 which would have cost us $150 if we had booked last minute.

Good luck...we might see you there next year!

R.

Google 'San diego hotel circle hotels'

Hotel circle is a street located off of I-8 and 1 mile east of I-5 so you are roughly 8 to 10 minutes away from the con.

There are tons of great resteraunts within walking distance of the hotels, it is a very safe area and transient free. There are two Malls directly across the freeway along with tons of resteraunts.

Good luck!!