• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLink auction results.

246 posts in this topic

I think some people think that the old label will affect the new grade of the book. In reality there is no relationship between previous grade of the book and the grade of the book as it sits in front of the grader. None. A book is graded as though it's the first time the book is appearing in front of the grader.

R.

It's possible guys, that this is just a mistake. Which is still not really an excuse overall, just for the seller / presser / resubber

I think some people think that the old label will affect the new grade of the book. In reality there is no relationship between previous grade of the book and the grade of the book as it sits in front of the grader. None. A book is graded as though it's the first time the book is appearing in front of the grader.

R.

You really think that someone who has enough experience in the hobby to recongnize a potential press/resub candidate and go through with the press/resub is really that naive?

It's possible guys, that this is just a mistake. Which is still not really an excuse overall, just for the seller / presser / resubber

That could be, though this has been seen multiple times before with books owned by people who knew exactly what they were doing when they left the ped status off.

Past performance doesn't predict future results. Baiting thingy.

I'd like to say that if someone did indeed leave the ped designation off of this particular book in an effort to disguise the grade disparity, then that person has intellect enough to barely fill a thimble.

It's got a giant grease pen arrival date smack in the middle of the cover.

It's probably a mistake. I really, really, really hope it's just a mistake :wishluck:

I think it is hilarious that people don't send in the labels with the right info. Whenever I Yellow label a book, I send in the Blue label for them to fix the Census. It has never had a deleterious effect upon my subs.

I think it is hilarious that people don't send in the labels with the right info. Whenever I Yellow label a book, I send in the Blue label for them to fix the Census. It has never had a deleterious effect upon my subs.

You don't actually use "deleterious" when speaking, do you? I mean, there's no frigging way

R.

You really think that someone who has enough experience in the hobby to recongnize a potential press/resub candidate and go through with the press/resub is really that naive?

I see the question asked on here from time to time so I can only believe that some people out there really believe they shouldn't send in the old label when in reality it has no bearing on the grade.

You don't actually use "deleterious" when speaking, do you? I mean, there's no frigging way

My word choice gets me in trouble sometimes. Yeah, I actually do. :blush:

R.

I see the question asked on here from time to time so I can only believe that some people out there really believe they shouldn't send in the old label when in reality it has no bearing on the grade.

I do not think that the people asking that question on here are the Jason Ewerts and Matt Nelsons of the hobby. Those are the type that are buying expensive books hoping for a .2 or .4 bump in grade with a pressing, not the noobs that have submitted a couple of dozen books.

R.

I do not think that the people asking that question on here are the Jason Ewerts and Matt Nelsons of the hobby. Those are the type that are buying expensive books hoping for a .2 or .4 bump in grade with a pressing, not the noobs that have submitted a couple of dozen books.

Could very be.

hm

Past performance doesn't predict future results. Baiting thingy.

I'd like to say that if someone did indeed leave the ped designation off of this particular book in an effort to disguise the grade disparity, then that person has intellect enough to barely fill a thimble.

It's got a giant grease pen arrival date smack in the middle of the cover.

It's probably a mistake. I really, really, really hope it's just a mistake :wishluck:

I also send in the old label with a resubmission... especially if it's a pedigree. I don't want to miss out on that pedigree "bump," you know. (thumbs u