• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detective Comics #22, CGC 7.5

10 posts in this topic

This beautiful copy of Detective Comics #22 has been professionally restored to a CGC grade of 7.5, which ties it for third place in the Census. The moderate restoration includes color touches, pieces added, tear seals, cleaning, and reinforcement. Although I don't know who did it, the work was excellent and the book presents very nicely. I think it looks better in person than on the monitor. It has been removed from its holder but the label is presented so you can see the CGC description, which includes O-W pages. This is the way I purchased it.

This book features the first cover appearance of the Crimson Avenger and the art is very dramatic. The current CBPG value in 8.0 is $3850. Here is your chance to get an historically important book at a reasonable price: $1995 including shipping. If you want to see larger scans, please e-mail me at: richardolson@hughes.net. I have a group ready to mail. Offers will be considered, and trades, too, but a sale is my preference so a trade would have to be very attractive. Feel free to PM or email me.

Richard

DetectiveComics22CGClabelemail.jpg

DetectiveComics22obverseemail.jpg

DetectiveComics22reverseemail.jpg

Hey Rick,

Yes, it's the same book you saw when you were visiting Bill and I stopped by for a few hours. It's a great book but my Medicare card just went into effect and I am going to really streamline my collection.

Rich

This beautiful copy of Detective Comics #22 has been professionally restored to a CGC grade of 7.5, which ties it for third place in the Census. The moderate restoration includes color touches, pieces added, tear seals, cleaning, and reinforcement. Although I don't know who did it, the work was excellent and the book presents very nicely. I think it looks better in person than on the monitor. It has been removed from its holder but the label is presented so you can see the CGC description, which includes O-W pages. This is the way I purchased it.

This book features the first cover appearance of the Crimson Avenger and the art is very dramatic. The current CBPG value in 8.0 is $3850. Here is your chance to get an historically important book at a reasonable price: $1995 including shipping. If you want to see larger scans, please e-mail me at: richardolson@hughes.net. I have a group ready to mail. Offers will be considered, and trades, too, but a sale is my preference so a trade would have to be very attractive. Feel free to PM or email me.

Richard

DetectiveComics22CGClabelemail.jpg

DetectiveComics22obverseemail.jpg

DetectiveComics22reverseemail.jpg

My Old copy pops up again..... cool early Tec no doubt. No one did the Crimson like Chambers did..Very underrated artist IMO.

Hey Rick,

Yes, it's the same book you saw when you were visiting Bill and I stopped by for a few hours. It's a great book but my Medicare card just went into effect and I am going to really streamline my collection.

Rich

You still have about 218 like-titled issues that I need...... :baiting: