• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

so who will be the next hot silverage DC character after Green Lantern?

37 posts in this topic

There really is no other biggie after GL besides Flash or the JLA. I think that B&B #28 has more upside potential than Showcase #4 price wise since it is quite a bit cheaper (just like SC #22 was). After that, the DC cupboard is pretty bare except for Wonder Woman, I guess.

I say JLA....still dirt cheap. Early issues from the teens can still be had in 9.0, high grade for SA D.C., for a few hundred bucks.Flash may also qualify, but they already command a decent price. I think Adam Strange may be due an updraft, as he fits the category of D.C. characters who are also loved by Marvel zombies. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I'd like to think Hawkman has some potential.

- Cool costume.

- Great Silver Age artwork by Kubert and then Murphy Anderson.

- Lots of rich plot elements in the back story. Although Hawkman's comics continuity has been a mess ever since the first Crisis, Johns did I thought a neat synthesis of the Golden Age & Silver Age origins on the Justice League Unlimited show.

... but it'll probably never happen. :(

- Cool costume.

- Lots of rich plot elements in the back story. Although Hawkman's comics continuity has been a mess ever since the first Crisis, Johns did I thought a neat synthesis of the Golden Age & Silver Age origins on the Justice League Unlimited show.

Unfortunately, no. My kids think the Hawkman and Hawkgirl action figures are great if that is of any consolation. (thumbs u

- Cool costume.

wasn`t Hawkman silverage #1 hoarded? I always see lots of copies of it around. I agree costume is cool, also loved the Johns run a few years back.

- Cool costume.

wasn`t Hawkman silverage #1 hoarded? I always see lots of copies of it around. I agree costume is cool, also loved the Johns run a few years back.

Probably. Hawkman was the last of the Silver Age re-vamps to actually launch into his own book. What was it? 1964 or so? Well past ASM #1 for instance.

- Cool costume.

Both Hawkman #1 and B&B #34 are relatively common in high grade compared to almost every other SA DC early key.

If quality of art and stories were a factor the B&B Hawkman run should be a shoo in....IMHO some of the best comics ever. I just got a good offer on my 34 which I accepted, but only because I'm hoping to add a Hulk 1 to the flock. I miss it already....but I still have my Archives edition which stays beside the bed. If Hawkman makes the cut in the JLA movie (shrug) ....and the availability in nice shape sometimes works in a books advantage. GA stays low in the guide in many cases due stricktly to lack of sales. Do you silll have that sweet ed Western Penn 34 , Tim ? ....mind boggling book.GOD BLESS...

I'm thinkin the Green Arrow movie that they've been talking about.

....and try and find a 9.4 copy of B&B 85....the beginning of the Neal Adams new direction and first "new" Green Arrow. Good call, Big Daddy. GOD BLESS...

I'm thinkin the Green Arrow movie that they've been talking about.

....and try and find a 9.4 copy of B&B 85....the beginning of the Neal Adams new direction and first "new" Green Arrow. Good call, Big Daddy. GOD BLESS...

This would help to add some fuel to the GL #76 fire as well.........not that it needs any! lol

It's really a true lead in to the GL/GA run. I've wanted one for a long time, guess my fine copy will have to do. I got outbid at 500 on one a while back. It would be a VERY smart buy at a grand or so IMHO.....GOD BLESS...

It's really a true lead in to the GL/GA run. I've wanted one for a long time, guess my fine copy will have to do. I got outbid at 500 on one a while back. It would be a VERY smart buy at a grand or so IMHO.....GOD BLESS...

In 2000 or 2001 my comic dealing partner and I sold a NM/NM+ or better Adams B&B run raw for what we considered an obscene amount back then - $100 to $150 per book - on eBay that we bought from an ex LCS employee. The funny thing is, the Doctor Strange #170 - #180(?) run from the same collection sold for the same price range. I really wish I had that B&B run back. :sorry:

Brave and the Bold 28 would be my bet. It's a more important book than SC 22 imo, but worth a lot less right now.

I agree that Hawkman and his BB appearances seem to be more common, and that might hold down prices despite the incredible high quality of the Kubert and Anderson renditions.

Adam Strange could translate well to the big screen and his first appearance is not a common book.

In 2000 or 2001 my comic dealing partner and I sold a NM/NM+ or better Adams B&B run raw for what we considered an obscene amount back then - $100 to $150 per book - on eBay that we bought from an ex LCS employee. The funny thing is, the Doctor Strange #170 - #180(?) run from the same collection sold for the same price range. I really wish I had that B&B run back. :sorry:

The 79 has always had the rep of being tough in grade....but I think the whole run qualifies. That 85 is TOUGH....maybe more so than 79, and I don't think that will change. I'm surprised they aren't turning up, I guess people just weren't concerned enough to preserve them. The Adams Strange Adventures from that time frame are also tough. GOD BLESS...

Captain Comet! Now there's an under-the-radar guy for you. Maybe the first real mutant hero in comics. Great array of easy-to-do-on-film powers, interesting concept, etc etc.

A fantastic cover in his first appearance doesn't hurt, neither.

The fact that he's never really been used properly might be problematic, but otherwise, it's a guaranteed winnah!

(thumbs u