• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are the toughest COPPER age books to get in 9.8?

29 posts in this topic

for amaz spidermans i would say #202 would be tough even though there are 9 cgc 9.8s. that one seems to never come up for sale. moon knight#29 with a classic cover has only one in 9.8 which i own and is one of my favorite cgc 9.8s.

So many examples I can bring up that "used" to be tough in 9.8 until everyone and their mother started pressing. What is considered tough in your opinion? 5 9.8s out of 100 slabbed = 5% ? Valiantman had an excellent graph showing which books were the toughest. I remember UXM 212 being around 4% 9.8s of total submitted. It's now at 12% :sorry:

So many examples I can bring up that "used" to be tough in 9.8 until everyone and their mother started pressing. What is considered tough in your opinion? 5 9.8s out of 100 slabbed = 5% ? Valiantman had an excellent graph showing which books were the toughest. I remember UXM 212 being around 4% 9.8s of total submitted. It's now at 12% :sorry:

Have to agree.

Before the wide-spread use of pressing, certain books that would "never" come up as 9.8 are now building up slowly but steadily. Look at Harbinger 1s, which at one point were considered rare in 9.8 and now there are 50 showing with the last census update. I believe going into the year, there were around 6-8.

And G.I. Joe 21 had 3 copies in CGC 9.8 at the beginning of the year, and this has grown to 23 (still low compared to other books - but give it time).

Dark Horse Presents #1. There have been 27 copies graded, and none higher than a 9.6.

Really? I never even took a look, and I am on the hunt for this book.

Guess I'll be lower my 9.6 grade goal and just stick to the 9.4 level.

These are the books I think are the toughest to get in 9.8.

TMNT#1

Tick #1

Albedo #2

Dark Horse Presents #1

Nexus #1

Love and Rockets #1

Crow #1-4

Grendel #1

Totally agree!

The Crow series is so darn tough with all those black boarders. Same with Albedo 2 coming in above 9.4 grade. Again, black boarders around the front cover.

Dark Horse Presents #1. There have been 27 copies graded, and none higher than a 9.6.

Is there a demand for this book? I don't see it being worth slabbing. IMHO

Uh-oh. Here we go!

First the grading.

perfect10.gif

Then posting the news in the "Just back from CGC" thread.

worms.gif

And then all the cash rolling in.

money_0.gif

There have been a few Copper Age collectors on these boards that said they would like to have DHP #1 in 9.8. I think the demand is there. But we won't really know for sure until a 9.8 surfaces.

There have been a few Copper Age collectors on these boards that said they would like to have DHP #1 in 9.8. I think the demand is there. But we won't really know for sure until a 9.8 surfaces.

Amen brother!

Let's see a CGC 9.8 come up first. But I also have agree not enough of these books have been submitted over the years to call it "rare."

So many books that kept coming up as falling in the rare category at 9.8 now have quite a nice pool of books available.