• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Congratulations Alex - very cool.

24 posts in this topic

From the latest CGC newsletter:

On November 11th, 2003 in Toronto, Canada, Paul Gulacy, Michael Wm. Kaluta, Joe Rubinstein, Howard Chaykin, Steve Rude and Jim Starlin were all at the Paradise Comics Toronto Comicon. Besides being there, what else do these creators have in common? They all had done work in "Heroes for Hope Starring the X-Men" from Marvel Comics.

After looking over the convention's guest list, comic book fan Alex Hunter figured out what book he could get the most creators to sign in one shot. With "Heroes for Hope Starring the X-Men" he found his answer. With a CGC representative on hand, he was able to get the comic signed and witnessed for the Signature Series.

"Luckily I was able to get signatures from all six of these creators -- Gulacy, Kaluta, Rubinstein, Chaykin, Rude & Starlin -- in one show, and to meet them as well. It doesn't get any better than that," Alex said. "To me, this is what makes the CGC Signature Series books so special. This will always be a truly unique, one-of-a-kind item. When else will these six creators be in the same place at the same time, except maybe at the next Paradise Comics Comicon?"

Very cool Alex, I didn't know that you did that. Or that so many guys involved with that particular book were at our convention! We'll have to get some of the other guys involved with it to get you to crack the slab (in front of a witness) and get everyone involved with it to sign your copy.

Kev

I'm sure you will concur, but I've seen many an artist or writer just massacre a beautiful copy of a book when you get them to sign it.

It seems that golden and silver age creators aren't as mindful of condition when they sign books, the guys who started in the 70's and later are much more careful. Probably because they were fans/collectors before they got into it.

Kev