• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A very special thanks to Bill Dinh (Billy the Kidd)

30 posts in this topic

I contacted Bill about doing a sketch cover for me to commemorate the birth of my son, Spencer. He was more than willing to take on this task, and we finally came up with an Incredible Hulk #1 cover homage for the drawing. I had to keep him updated quite often as my wife's due date got closer and closer.

Turns out, my wife was a week late having our child, and was eventually induced last Friday, but Bill was able to time the completion of the sketch and the signing of his name to match my son's exact birthday, 10/16/09 :)

On top of all of this, he wouldn't take any of my money for the sketch, onsite grading, or shipping :o

Bill, you are truly a great friend! I owe you man, thanks so much again, my wife and I love it! (worship)

Spencersketch1.jpg

Spencersketch2.jpg

I really like the way you draw the Hulk, Bill! :golfclap:

Congrats, Steve. How long til you're reading the kid comics as bedtime stories?

Here is a VERY COOL piece Bill did for Sharon and I. For those of you that met Gibson in Pittsburgh. You will recognize Gibson in the arms of Spidey. I think it is GREAT! Bill you better have your bags packed come next San Diego because you are coming out to the con so we can show you off and get you hired by one of the big guys.

AF15Gibson.jpg

Thanks Bill for a very HOT sketch.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

Here is a VERY COOL piece Bill did for Sharon and I. For those of you that met Gibson in Pittsburgh. You will recognize Gibson in the arms of Spidey. I think it is GREAT! Bill you better have your bags packed come next San Diego because you are coming out to the con so we can show you off and get you hired by one of the big guys.

AF15Gibson.jpg

Thanks Bill for a very HOT sketch.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

very nice Bill that came out awesome!