• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A few more liberated PGX Flashes: 160

8 posts in this topic

Thanks for all the input on those Flashes from last night. It's been interesting to hear what people think. I have three more issues I've freed tonight (the last of my PGXes), all in a bit better condition, and again I'd be very happy for some grades. What would you give this one?

flash_160_front.jpg

flash_160_back.jpg

Just my observation over the years. I have disagreed on many books graded by both companies as I am sure many of you have. Seems to me PGX is too leniant on 6.5 and

under and they are incredibly strict on anything over 8.0. I have sent some what I thought were

near flawless books to them that came back 8.0-8.5.

On the other hand CGC is more qualified and seems more consistent in their grading.

But I have seen many higher grade CGC books that I thought were overgraded. I sent some in couple years ago with Todd Lange and they came back 9.2-9.4 (X-Men around #17-30), He thought they were overgraded.

I have sent some to PGX that came back 8.5-9.0 and had them

at my LCS and we couldn't figure out why they weren't 9.2-9.6. I heard the same thing from some dealers at the Motor City Con last year about how they thought PGX was too strict on

High Grades.

I can see PGX giving this one a 6.5.

Looks more 5.5 to me though.