• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iron Fist 1 - Has this been trimmed?

42 posts in this topic

You can always send it to Matt Nelson at Classics Inc. They can do a pre screen for you. It is fairly inexpensive, $3 I think, plus the shipping. If Matt or one of his team gives the book the all clear. He can send it to The CGC for you. Or send it back to you with the trimmed notification.

the vagaries of the manufacturing process in the bronze age would prevent me personally from being able to make a call on this book and its likelihood of being trimmed, especially from just viewing a picture.

the vagaries of the manufacturing process in the bronze age would prevent me personally from being able to make a call on this book and its likelihood of being trimmed, especially from just viewing a picture.

Agreed. I believe it is impossible to tell from a scan. Especially without a scan of the "newly cut" edge. There is evidence of flaking, that may indicate a trim.

+1

Not only is it hard to say one way or another if a book was trimmed by looking at a scan. It is a disservice to say that it IS definately trimmed based on scans alone.

Bailey should not be upset just yet, just worried. :eek: That URC does look wonky.

Agreed. I believe it is impossible to tell from a scan.

Agreed - impossible to tell. Everything stated in this thread is simply conjecture.

I think i might just risk it and send it to cgc anyway, my mums sending a few in to me for christmas :)

Just out of curiosity, why would you send this to CGC? From the pict it looks 9.0'ish, and the last CGC 9.0 copy of this book sold for $26 (which is less than the slabbing fees)?

In the ebay image, I notice that the top edge is not a straight line, but the bottom edge is. If it's a photo, then that might account for the bent line, but if it's a scan.. :o

If you have the book in-hand, can you check if the top edge is perfectly straight?

I think i might just risk it and send it to cgc anyway, my mums sending a few in to me for christmas :)

Just out of curiosity, why would you send this to CGC? From the pict it looks 9.0'ish, and the last CGC 9.0 copy of this book sold for $26 (which is less than the slabbing fees)?

I was thinking the same thing... (shrug)

I was thinking the same thing... (shrug)

Well, he probably thinks it's closer to a 9.6 . . . :grin:

now that I see the other copy, I can't say for sure because the alignment is crooked for this issue on all of them.

my bad Loyd and as far as the grade, I do agree that unless you can get a 9.2 or better, the cost of grading and shipping overseas won't be worth it...even if it is not your money.

If you haven't, why not throw the scans on PGM forum and see what the "experts" say about the book...can't hurt.

I have plenty of books in slabs that won't fetch more than $25 so it was a total waste to slab them in the first place. Luckily, I paid $10 or less for each of those books so they are not a big hit on my wallet but lesson learned.