• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I started my first CGC set

56 posts in this topic

Thats how I started, now I have around 220 slabs.

I hear that...I started out with an X-Men #1 Slab...have about 60 slabs now.

that's what i'm currently on the hunt for as well. since i will most likely never be able to afford a high grade, i'm hoping to score a 1.0 or 1.5 in the near future.

Thats how I started, now I have around 220 slabs.
lol Yeah,I know how that feels.The OCD in me won't let me stop collecting.
Wait until you just have boxes and boxes of slabs.. Good times.
I only have one box full of CGC books.

So far :insane: :insane:

I'd started with the sole purpose of duplicating my Uncanny X-Men collection (Reading copies) Issues 50 - 500, specifically issues 144 - 300

Having gotten about 20 issues into this collection I've managed to diversify into;

New Mutants

Civil War

Grimm Fairy Tales (Plus all varaints)

Captain America

Batman,

Take my advice - focus on a single collection and stick to it!

I'd started with the sole purpose of duplicating my Uncanny X-Men collection (Reading copies) Issues 50 - 500, specifically issues 144 - 300

Having gotten about 20 issues into this collection I've managed to diversify into;

New Mutants

Civil War

Captain America

Batman,

Thanks for the advice :grin:

Ok,let me update everyone on my Registry set.

The Green Lantern:Rebirth books I had signed and graded just got their grades in and here are the grades

#1 2nd & 3rd prints 9.6

#1 4thprint 9.8

#2 2nd print 9.8

#2 3rd print 9.6

I'm going to registers the CGC 9.8 copies,but I haven't decide on I should sell my 9.6 copies or to keep them?

New Mutants

Civil War

Captain America

Batman,

i would probably just collect green lanterns personally but that limits you from collecting key issues does it not?

New Mutants

Civil War

Captain America

Batman,

i would probably just collect green lanterns personally but that limits you from collecting key issues does it not?

It those,but when you save a lot of green backs(aka money :grin: ) you can still buy keys and get the sets you want to complete.

New Mutants

Civil War

Captain America

Batman,

It those,but when you save a lot of green backs(aka money :grin: ) you can still buy keys and get the sets you want to complete.

um what you mean by (it those)? the rest makes sense .. typo?

New Mutants

Civil War

Captain America

Batman,

It does,but when you save a lot of green backs(aka money :grin: ) you can still buy keys and get the sets you want to complete.

doh! Yeah,that's a typo doh!

The Green Lantern:Rebirth books I had signed and graded just got their grades in and here are the grades

#1 2nd & 3rd prints 9.6

#1 4thprint 9.8

#2 2nd print 9.8

#2 3rd print 9.6

I'm going to registers the CGC 9.8 copies,but I haven't decide on I should sell my 9.6 copies or to keep them?

Congrats on your 9.8 GL's. Those nasty ole 9.6's probably need to be tossed out. . .shoot me a PM and I will send you my address and I will dispose of them for you. . .promise :wishluck:

:roflmao:

#1 2nd & 3rd prints 9.6

#1 4thprint 9.8

#2 2nd print 9.8

#2 3rd print 9.6

Congrats on your 9.8 GL's. Those nasty ole 9.6's probably need to be tossed out. . .shoot me a PM and I will send you my address and I will dispose of them for you. . .promise :wishluck:

:roflmao:

hm

New Mutants

Civil War

Captain America

Batman,

It does,but when you save a lot of green backs(aka money :grin: ) you can still buy keys and get the sets you want to complete.

:frustrated: dam it sorry marvelgirl my mistake

New Mutants

Civil War

Captain America

Batman,

:frustrated: dam it sorry marvelgirl my mistake

No problem :cool: