• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What character is DC's 3rd greatest superhero creation?

What character is DC's 3rd greatest superhero creation?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What character is DC's 3rd greatest superhero creation?

75 posts in this topic

I could make an argument that Swampthing was DC`s third greatest creation.

2 movies, an a 72 episode run for a tv series, even the Flash or Green Lantern have been that successful in mainstream yet.

It's time they made a new SWAMPY movie based on the Alan Moore horror vision, with all the CGI available to them now that was not available in 1982.

They could make a really great horror movie

Can someone explain why there have been no Wonder Woman movies? :frustrated:

And yet we have already had movies about Catwoman and Elektra?

lynda-carter-is-wonder-woman.jpg

I think it's because it's a difficult character to do cinematically and easy to screw it up.

It's going to take real talent not to have this film turn out hokey looking.

Look how long it took to get Batman and Superman right after their disastrous first films.

Can someone explain why there have been no Wonder Woman movies? :frustrated:

And yet we have already had movies about Catwoman and Elektra?

lynda-carter-is-wonder-woman.jpg

I think it's because it's a difficult character to do cinematically and easy to screw it up.

It's going to take real talent not to have this film turn out hokey looking.

Look how long it took to get Batman and Superman right after their disastrous first films.

they got Superman right???

I could make an argument that Swampthing was DC`s third greatest creation.

2 movies, an a 72 episode run for a tv series, even the Flash or Green Lantern have been that successful in mainstream yet.

It's time they made a new SWAMPY movie based on the Alan Moore horror vision, with all the CGI available to them now that was not available in 1982.

They could make a really great horror movie

Alan Moore books do not make good movies, Frank Miller whose books are more about style than substance, make good movies.

Bat-mite was fun character from a more innocent age. I used to feel as you do, but I've learned to enjoy every era of Batman. From the dark to the silly.

I was just talking about this in PM with somebody. The alien batman era may be my least favorite, but I still enjoy it.

my favorite Batman was Adam West. I remember watching the Adam West Batman tv show reruns as a kid, then being bitterly disappointed when I bought the Batman comics that none of the colorful super villians were in them.the Batman Adam West reruns were my first exposure to superheroes and got me interested in comics.I think I was eight when I watched the reruns.

Like most of these discussions, it comes down to people's interpretion of what is "best" or "greatest." I think most people interpreted the question as what character was the most iconic or had the highest name recognition. I guess by that standard WW would be right up there with Superman, Batman, Spider-Man, Hulk and Wolverine; and ahead of GL, Iron Man, Flash, Daredevil, Thor, and (arguably) Captain America. (shrug)

I'd put ranking this way:

Superman/Batman

Wonder Woman

Flash/Green Lantern

Spectre/Hawkman/Atom

Martian Manhunter

Green Arrow

Zatana/Black Canary

Metal Men/Teen Titans/Doom Patrol

Aquaman

Aquaman is too low.

People know him from JLA.

Hell, people know him from Super Friends.

I had no idea who J'onn J'onzz was until I started reading comics...but I knew who Aquaman was at the age of 4.

I'd put ranking this way:

Superman/Batman

Wonder Woman

Flash/Green Lantern

Spectre/Hawkman/Atom

Martian Manhunter

Green Arrow

Zatana/Black Canary

Metal Men/Teen Titans/Doom Patrol

Aquaman

Aquaman is too low.

People know him from JLA.

Hell, people know him from Super Friends.

I had no idea who J'onn J'onzz was until I started reading comics...but I knew who Aquaman was at the age of 4.

It's not "most well known." It's "greatest." J'onn is so much better as a character than Aquaman. The power to command and ride a giant seahorse v. super strength, shape changing, invisibility, flight, power vision etc. C'mon. I know I am an unabashed MM fanboy, but really, Aquaman?

I agree that there are a ton of just terrific superheroes from the perspective of most popular,

best stories, best origin or costume, etc., etc. whatever.

However, speaking from a chronological standpoint,

I think the 1st female superhero ever has got to rank

as a greatest superhero creation.

Superman 1st superhero ever = 1st greatest superhero creation

Batman 2nd superhero ever = 2nd greatest superhero creation

Wonder Woman 1st female superhero ever = 3rd greatest superhero creation

But what the heck do I know :makepoint: