• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shipping?

11 posts in this topic

Send them in a box for crying out loud!

Never use a paper or bubble envelope!!!

God I hate when they do that and Priority boxes are FREE! mad.gif

Sorry I didn't mean to sound like I was yelling at you.

I hated it when I got my VF+ FF 112 that I paid $45 for in a damn bubble envelope jammed into my mailbox! 893frustrated.gif

What a run around trying to get the refund. mad.gif

That has to be my number one pet peeve! 893censored-thumb.gif

Now...

If they are less expensive books make sure they are bagged and boarded and placed inside some extra protection in the box. A Priority envelope with some rolled up newspaper inside the Priority box to keep the envelope from moving around does the trick.

On more expensive books make sure you secure them between sturdy cardboard and pack them tight so they don't bounce around. Five bagged and boarded comics is the normal max for two cardboard protectors taped together.

With CGCed books ask others because my experience shipping is limited.

I've never had any problems shipping inexpensive books (under $50) in a plain paper envelope or priority envelope. I sandwich them tightly between two stiff pieces of cardboard and I'm done with it. With that setup I can ship any book for $2.00, which makes a big difference with inexpensive books. I've shipped hundreds of books like that and never had a complaint about the books being damaged in the mail. Dan's shipped thousands of books with a simliar setup and he doesn't get many complaints either. Dr. Banner, too.

With more expensive books and all CGC books I use Priority boxes. I sandwich them between two pieces of cardboard (I sometimes wrap the sandwich in bubble wrap) and then fill the book with packing peanuts. More expensive CGC books I double box.

I'm the Dan above - I take printer paper boxes from my office and cut them into 7.5x10.5 rectangles, which fit neatly inside a Golden Age bag. Slide the cardboard and the comic into the bag, tape and slide into a Priority Mail envelope. Voila! Overseas? Two pieces of cardboard. Voila! Cheap, effective, well protected, and environmentally friendly to boot!

For CGC books, same basic premise, but then wrap in bubble wrap or newspaper, slide into Priority Mail box and ship.

Just stick a couple stamps and an adress label directly on the comic and chuck it into the mailbox. Same for both unslabbed and CGC comics thumbsup2.gifinsane.gif

And yet they somehow always arrive in perfect mint condition.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif