• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bigger is better? SS 4 cover recreation

9 posts in this topic

Latest one is BIG, I worked on 20 x 28 inch scale for one of my all time favorite covers. So big it took 6 scans and I had ot piece it together in a paint program so I could post it.

Makes me wonder if I could get a bigger scanner...

One thing I like about this piece is a new technique i tried which was using india ink over marker. The space background has an "eddys and currents" effect to it that I really like which shows up because the india ink is blacker than the marker. This effect is particularily visable between the Surfer and Thor

Thanks for looking

SS_420x30.jpg

Latest one is BIG, I worked on 20 x 28 inch scale for one of my all time favorite covers. So big it took 6 scans and I had ot piece it together in a paint program so I could post it.

Makes me wonder if I could get a bigger scanner...

One thing I like about this piece is a new technique i tried which was using india ink over marker. The space background has an "eddys and currents" effect to it that I really like which shows up because the india ink is blacker than the marker. This effect is particularily visable between the Surfer and Thor

Thanks for looking

SS_420x30.jpg

Awesome. Have you posted any of your art work for sale in the Sale Forum?

WEBHEAD