• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pretty Book of the Day 1/22/04

7 posts in this topic

Thanks to everyone for their kind comments on my previous posting.

Staying with Dells, but moving away from the Ducks to Turok, one of my favorite titles with consistently beautiful painted covers.

371656-Turok%2012.jpg

589a8bbfc2255_371656-Turok12.jpg.35509e925e23f49a95f26de54abcc50c.jpg

Those Dell/Gold Key painted covers were always worth the price of admission. Great stuff. Got any Magnus or Solar?

Sure, maybe they can be the subject of a future PBOD. The heart of my Solar collection was sold, indirectly, to Captain Tripps, but I've still get a few decent issues left. Magnus # 1-10 is really tough to find in 9.4 or above, I've had feelers out forever, particularly for #1, with very little success. The GK Tarzans and Koraks also had some gorgeous painted covers, but everyone always forgets about them.

Those Dell/Gold Key painted covers were always worth the price of admission. Great stuff. Got any Magnus or Solar?

Love those covers! I always felt like these books had a whole different feel to them compared to a Marvel or DC.

Keep them coming T! 893applaud-thumb.gif