• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay seller loisandclark - NARU

44 posts in this topic

Here's what I've bought from Loisandclark:

• Fantastic Four #89 -- advertised grade NM, my grade is 9.4/9.6
  • X-Men #58 -- advertised grade NM, my grade is 9.6/9.8
  • Journey Into Mystery #113 -- advertised grade VF/NM, my grade is 9.0

So I'd say my experiences have been most positive! cloud9.gif

Jim has probably been NARU'd for something minor. I have only done business one time and did not agree with the grades given on the books he sent me. Returning the merchandise was cake. thumbsup2.gif One of the better people on ebay!

Completely agree. I had a similar experience and he was professional and courteous while he acknowledged he missed a few things. He refunded the purchase right away. I'd expect to see him back soon.

I've heard that if you bought from him in the past his grading was dead on, but his latest run of auctions have been off by a few notches on the grade scale.

I would say he was definetly more conservative in the past. But just yesterday I recieved a book from him that was advertised as NM/NM+, and I would say it's a NM. That's pretty damn good for a raw book on Ebay.

Regardless of the slightly looser grading, his large scans and return policy still make him one of the best sellers out there. I've had to pass on a number of books based on scans, but he is upfront enough about the defects that you can make an informed decision and bid according to your own standards. Not to mention the fact that Jim is a really nice and easy guy to do business with. I hope whatever the problem is, it gets straightened out soon.

I would say he was definetly more conservative in the past. But just yesterday I recieved a book from him that was advertised as NM/NM+, and I would say it's a NM. That's pretty damn good for a raw book on Ebay.

Regardless of the slightly looser grading, his large scans and return policy still make him one of the best sellers out there. I've had to pass on a number of books based on scans, but he is upfront enough about the defects that you can make an informed decision and bid according to your own standards. Not to mention the fact that Jim is a really nice and easy guy to do business with. I hope whatever the problem is, it gets straightened out soon.

Jim is definitely awesome. His emails were genuine and courteous. Although other sellers offer a return policy (less shipping when it is their mistake? sign-rantpost.gif ) Jim actually looks over the books when they are returned and admits to flaws that he missed the first time around and even reimburses the return shipping cost if he sees fit. That is just awesome!

The good news is that Jim is very much alive and well.

Just been e-mailing him and he's been away for a few days and returned to discover that his account had been hacked. He's working out the details with eBay and should be making a return very shortly. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Now, why can't Danny's account get hacked and his Paypal account emptied? confused-smiley-013.gif

Thanks for the kind words (mostly)...and the constructive feedback on grading. I also agree that I have slipped a bit, but I will be back and better then ever in the next few weeks. I need a big screen TV, so I will be moving more books.

As for Ebay, they have reinstated me...a minor mishap...and all is well in auctionland.

I need to read this forum more...just not enough time in the day!

Thanks,

Jim

Greg!

Great to hear from you! As a matter of fact I will. I am torn on what to move on that front as I love those books...but for sure there are some coming to Ebay. Also, I have a NM- My Love #1 that I am thinking of slabbing....anyone out there interested before I send it in?

Jim

I have a NM- My Love #1 that I am thinking of slabbing
893scratchchin-thumb.gif Actually, my current concentration are CGC 9.4 or better (if they exist) copies of the 100 page giants, DC Specials, and Super DC Giants. The 100 page giants are #1 on my list at the moment. I was so shocked that I didn't win the Superman 245 CGC 9.2. Who would have thought that someone else would have bid that high for that book. Those blackcover giants are getting to be a pain. I purchased the CGC 9.4 Winnipeg copy of the DC-4 at the All Star auctions in December so I lucked out on that.

P.S. Glad to see that you are actively buying again.

Greg,

Have you ever bought from Ebay seller sep1958? He has some awfully good looking books (from what can be seen of the small scans). He has 9.8 copies (or so he says) of Shazam and Tarzan books. I bid on the Tarzan 230...way too much...but if it comes in this high grade I feel they are worth the cost.

Anyone else ever deal with this guy?