• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

question for ian???

90 posts in this topic

Ian we have been over this point many times and given that you understand then why continue with you attitude of non understanding from her point of view!

I dropped this thread weeks ago, yet for some inexplicable reason you keep dredging it up time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time again.

I think Ian's right. This is a relatively small community (comic book collectors), and at the rarified altitude of "DC completionists," there are only a few "club members." If Christine didn't like the call, that's certainly her prerogative, and Ian respects her wishes and wouldn't call again. The first "cold call" seems absolutely reasonable from where I sit. Given, I'm not a woman, so I can't really claim to empathize completely, but if you got a random call from some guy and didn't appreciate it, and made your feelings known and the guy respected those feelings, isn't that sufficient?

What, you wanna condemn the guy for making one lousy phone call? Shall we burn him in effigy while we're at it? Get a life.

What, you wanna condemn the guy for making one lousy phone call? Shall we burn him in effigy while we're at it? Get a life.

THANKYOU.

Finally someone put my own thoughts into words, and far better than I would have done myself.

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nonsense. Absolute nonsense. She already knew exactly who I was and the extent of my collection.

And as for motivation for calling, anyone who knows me would know that she's quite safe there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just to clear up this point. Who had told her about you?? and what had they said ?? And how would she know you are safe?

Point taken Mr. Foe.

But we've been there, and we've done that.

Was this before or after the wheels were set in motion????? confused.gif

Well the next couple of days, and the way everyone behaves over the Double Action lowgrade copy, will prove once and for all whether wheels are indeed in motion, or whether people can indeed put the past behind them and get on with their lives.

I wait with bated breath for the outcome.

I hope the wheels are NOT in motion, but I'm beginning to worry. Especially after what happened with the Mutt and Jeff 2 that I was promised, and that suddenly and out of the blue became unavailable because someone didn't want to break up a run.

Right now I'm determined to think the best of people with whom I genuinely thought I had patched up our differences. Please please oh PLEASE don't let it be mistakenly. I would so hate for it to start all over again.

Again, it's not about the call itself, it's about the insulting way he portrayed this woman on a public forum. And on top of that, anyone who has a different opinion is just spouting utter "nonsense".

makepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gif

Again, it's not about the call itself, it's about the insulting way he portrayed this woman on a public forum. And on top of that, anyone who has a different opinion is just spouting utter "nonsense".

makepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gif

Well first, I'd point out that most of us (and I'll include myself in this) have portrayed people somewhat insultingly in this public forum. Some posters seem to consider that the primary raison d'etre of these boards. The fact that she's a woman makes a difference? (Sure it does in terms of "stalking" or "harrassing," but in terms of just making an offhand comment?)

If the woman was unpleasant, standoffish, rude, whatever, she has the right to be, especially if the call was unlooked for and not appreciated. But in response, Ian or anyone can post their opinion in that regard.

As for the "spouting utter nonsense," line, I think that was a somewhat hyperbolic response made in frustration, but again, there are an awful lot of posters on these boards who consider any opinion that doesn't mirror theirs, "utter nonsense."

So, are we hanging Ian in effigy for calling other people's opinions "nonsense," or for placing the call in the first place, or for making a couple of unflattering remarks about the person who received the call? In any case, I don't see what all the hubbub's about. Or is it just a slow day on the boards and nothin' else to do?

Well first, I'd point out that most of us (and I'll include myself in this) have portrayed people somewhat insultingly in this public forum. Some posters seem to consider that the primary raison d'etre of these boards. The fact that she's a woman makes a difference? (Sure it does in terms of "stalking" or "harrassing," but in terms of just making an offhand comment?)

The fact that she's a woman may help to explain her unwillingness to be open with people she dosen't know. As for the rest of the forum, the constant insults thrown around here are ridiculous. I admit to also saying things I regret from time to time, but to say that insults are always justified because some posters consider that the "raison d'etre" of these forums is a cop-out.

But in response, Ian or anyone can post their opinion in that regard.

And if Ian is going to post his opinions so bluntly in public, I have the right to post my opinion of his opinions. It's a 2-way street.

there are an awful lot of posters on these boards who consider any opinion that doesn't mirror theirs, "utter nonsense."

I agree. Some posters even tell others to "get a life" just because they see a situation in a different light. Sound familiar?

So, are we hanging Ian in effigy for calling other people's opinions "nonsense," or for placing the call in the first place, or for making a couple of unflattering remarks about the person who received the call? In any case, I don't see what all the hubbub's about. Or is it just a slow day on the boards and nothin' else to do?

There is no real "hubbub" as far as I'm concerned. I have no personal problem with Ian. I simply didn't like how he handled this whole situation and I gave my opinion. When you post your business in a public forum, you get opinions. If you don't want to hear any opposing viewpoints, keep your business to yourself. It's that simple.

893blahblah.gif

Just kidding AK. flowerred.gif

Scassacazzo!

Take your flowers and shove them up your culo. blush.gifgrin.gif

"I dropped this thread weeks ago, yet for some inexplicable reason you keep dredging it up time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time again"

Ian, i also dropped the thread some time ago and am not "dredging it up" but am just making sure that once again on this issue, your point of view, is not the only one sided opinion heard on this board.