• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

question for ian???

90 posts in this topic

Well first, I'd point out that most of us (and I'll include myself in this) have portrayed people somewhat insultingly in this public forum. Some posters seem to consider that the primary raison d'etre of these boards. The fact that she's a woman makes a difference? (Sure it does in terms of "stalking" or "harrassing," but in terms of just making an offhand comment?)

The fact that she's a woman may help to explain her unwillingness to be open with people she dosen't know. As for the rest of the forum, the constant insults thrown around here are ridiculous. I admit to also saying things I regret from time to time, but to say that insults are always justified because some posters consider that the "raison d'etre" of these forums is a cop-out.

But in response, Ian or anyone can post their opinion in that regard.

And if Ian is going to post his opinions so bluntly in public, I have the right to post my opinion of his opinions. It's a 2-way street.

there are an awful lot of posters on these boards who consider any opinion that doesn't mirror theirs, "utter nonsense."

I agree. Some posters even tell others to "get a life" just because they see a situation in a different light. Sound familiar?

So, are we hanging Ian in effigy for calling other people's opinions "nonsense," or for placing the call in the first place, or for making a couple of unflattering remarks about the person who received the call? In any case, I don't see what all the hubbub's about. Or is it just a slow day on the boards and nothin' else to do?

There is no real "hubbub" as far as I'm concerned. I have no personal problem with Ian. I simply didn't like how he handled this whole situation and I gave my opinion. When you post your business in a public forum, you get opinions. If you don't want to hear any opposing viewpoints, keep your business to yourself. It's that simple.

sleeping.gif

27_laughing.gif

God bless the emoticons. They're the panic buttons of the defeated.

Not at all... that emoticon was to let you know how boooooring your previous post was, and how little water it held. I almost never use the emoticons by themselves. In this case it seemed easier to just indicate the lack of impact that your argument was having, in that fashion. You, on the other hand, enjoy turning every little comment around and trying to jab the original poster with it (if you disagree with their line of reasoning). "Get a life" was somehow offensive to you? No, of course it wasn't. But you try to use it to position me as a hypocrite, because you don't like the fact that I'm not agreeing with you. Go bully someone else on the boards who isn't as familiar with your passive-aggressive tripe. It's not working on me.