• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A cheap FF 1 that's real this time.

5 posts in this topic

I'm no grading snob (as my 4.0/4.5 FF 1 will attest wink.gif ).... but this is bad news.

I think I'd rather have a decent copy of the GRR than spend $$ on this unfortunate book confused-smiley-013.gif

I can overlook many flaws to see the beauty of flawed books, but this takes the cake. I draw the line at tape and/or tape stains. insane.gif

Hopefully, it will find a loving home though... flowerred.gif

I agree. I'm a stickler for tape on the cover(s). Can't stand it. Tape on interior pages is slightly better.

But what about that tape pull? Is that the most severe tape pull you've ever seen? Seller describes is as a "sliver" of the cover..! Hell, if that was a hangnail, the victim would be in Intensive Care!

I'd grade that book a 1.0 at best. And that's being generous. Of course, as reading copies go, this one is pretty safe to read...and re-read...and read while sitting on the throne...and read while taking the trash out to the curb...

Actually I'd grade it a 0.5 poor.

But on FF 1 or AF 15, poors are the only way to own one for under $500 unless you go coverless for $250 to $300.

They have a 1.5/1.8 FF 4 up as well.

I emailed them to see if they have a pos 1.5/1.8 FF 2 they would like to sell as well.

grin.gif

I'm with you on this - I cannot tolerate tape - tape is so destructive to the page quality over time - I always maintained the position that tape destroys, and has no value whatsoever. Just one of my methods of comic book collecting. hi.gif