• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My booty from the Albany NY Comicon

26 posts in this topic

I think I sold at that show back in 1990 when I was in law school, or at least some predecessor of it. Where was it held? The one I sold at was down in the Convention Center I think, if that is what it was called, near the State Museum area.

It was held at the Holiday Inn, on Wolf Rd, by the malls. The area you mention is actually about 10 minutes from there.

I did notice that all the wall comics I saw were priced, should I say, aggressively. Didn't see much action on those. I did see an early Cap America, a couple of other Timely's(half were restored), a Daredevil 1, Ironman 1. There were 2 Hulk 181 slabbed 9.0, and a ASM 129 slabbed. Another dealer had a low grade Supes #8, first appearance of the Black terror(repaired), and a $5000 Marvel Mystery #2.

Those, I believe, were the highlights. Most of the stuff in the boxes was priced around guide. Except for 1 guy that had 1/3 off prices marked, which was less than guide, so his stuff seemed to move.

I think I sold at that show back in 1990 when I was in law school, or at least some predecessor of it. Where was it held? The one I sold at was down in the Convention Center I think, if that is what it was called, near the State Museum area.

You are thinking of FantaCon which was a relatively big show back in the 80s and early 90s. FantaCon was traditionally held in the Empire State Convention Center, but it's been dead for well over a decade now.

fantacon1989stub-5.jpg

These are small local shows at the Holiday Inn. Similar to the small monthly shows held at the Turf Inn back in the late 70s/early 80s.

You are thinking of FantaCon which was a relatively big show back in the 80s and early 90s. FantaCon was traditionally held in the Empire State Convention Center, but it's been dead for well over a decade now.

fantacon1989stub-5.jpg

These are small local shows at the Holiday Inn. Similar to the small monthly shows held at the Turf Inn back in the late 70s/early 80s.

That was it Zip! (thumbs u