• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My booty from the Albany NY Comicon

26 posts in this topic

Albany had a 1 day show yesterday with a few artists. These new guys I didn't recognize, but came somewhat prepared for the "old timers". $3 to get in, $10 for the Witchblade variant. It was nice and cozy, with NO waiting to see Herb Trimpe, Joe Sinnott, Fred Hembeck, and Joe Staton. You could just stand there and shoot the breeze with these guys. It was great. The Hulk was supposed to be Trimpe's first Marvel work, but he didn't know for sure. Joe Sinnott wasn't even sure he worked on the Silver Surfer #1 until he checked the credits. Guess these guys do too much to remember. Got a couple sketches made too.

albany0001.jpg

albany0002.jpg

albany10001.jpg

albany10002.jpg

albany10003.jpg

These new guys I didn't recognize, but came somewhat prepared for the "old timers". $3 to get in, $10 for the Witchblade variant. It was nice and cozy, with NO waiting to see Herb Trimpe, Joe Sinnott, Fred Hembeck, and Joe Staton. You could just stand there and shoot the breeze with these guys. It was great.

And kind of sad. I've seen the same thing. Cardy comes to mind at the Orlando Comic-con.

I guess the younger collectors can't appreciate what the older artists did to make this hobby what it is today...

Jim

nice job! Can't believe there's no Staton in there tho. :-p

I love me some E-Man...

Yea, Staton was signing lots of E-Man. My buddy picked up a Green Lantern and got it signed. Staton's table was the slowest of the "biggies". Him and Hembeck. Staton hardly had any sketches in his portfolio, like two. I think I overheard him saying he wasn't prepared for this show,something about a date mixup maybe? Hembeck had a decent portfolio, but it was all the goofy stuff. Not my cup of tea.

What I found a little strange was some people had like 20 books in a stack all to get signed by one artist. I thought that was a little over the top, but I dunno.

These new guys I didn't recognize, but came somewhat prepared for the "old timers". $3 to get in, $10 for the Witchblade variant. It was nice and cozy, with NO waiting to see Herb Trimpe, Joe Sinnott, Fred Hembeck, and Joe Staton. You could just stand there and shoot the breeze with these guys. It was great.

And kind of sad. I've seen the same thing. Cardy comes to mind at the Orlando Comic-con.

I guess the younger collectors can't appreciate what the older artists did to make this hobby what it is today...

Jim

They all get pretty busy at the NY shows. hm

Jim

They all get pretty busy at the NY shows. hm

They get a pretty good line at our M.C.B.A. cons as-well. But I do know what you mean

about the younger crowd. People like Herb, Joe, and many other creators who I

was a fanboy for are great to talk too, and it's as if I was friends with them from way back

when we talk.

Argh, I was still a little under the weather to make it this time. A couple of us went back in April and yes, great little show.
:hi: I didn't make it this time either.

Was I the only one there representing the boardies? That's kind of scarey!

Argh, I was still a little under the weather to make it this time. A couple of us went back in April and yes, great little show.

Yes, I was going to see who wanted to make it, but fell pray to the dreaded bug.

Oh yeah, great booty too.

Yes, I was going to see who wanted to make it, but fell pray to the dreaded bug.

Ben was sick too. I'm not sure if Steve (Zipper68) went. I had to work.

Ben was sick too. I'm not sure if Steve (Zipper68) went. I had to work.

I didn't go this time around. Spent most of the day on the riding mower sucking up leaves.