• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Thank You to General Zaid

8 posts in this topic

I wanted to thank Mark for having me over to his home yesterday. He is an incredible host and this was a perfect way to spend a bad weather Sunday in DC - discussing comics, looking at some of the rarest books I've ever seen / and non-comic related historical items, and shooting the in general.

Thanks Mark (thumbs u

All you guys need to do is let me know if you're in the DC area and visits can be arranged! :gossip: (thumbs u

It was my pleasure to host and finally meet in person Josh! :hi:

Josh is a true asset to our hobby and an all around nice guy. Must be the fact he is a lawyer! ;)

Speaking of lawyers and hobbies, my lawyer friend (no, the one who was at my house last weekend) sent me this once...

A young lawyer decided that his life needed a hobby. Since his buddies talked about sailing, he thought he'd give it a go. He went to the local boat show and asked a lot of questions. Everything seemed to be going well when he said, "How do you dock the boat?" The salesman replied, "Well, you really don't dock the sailboat, you tie it up to a float just beyond the dock. This way you don't bang up the finish on the craft."

"Well then", the lawyer asked, "How do you get out to the sailboat?"

"Good question." The salesman told him that you can get a small raft and paddle out to the boat, or just walk out to the boat, if you don't mind getting wet.

"Oh, I get it," the lawyer replied. "It's Row vs Wade."