• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers Relaunch in January?

26 posts in this topic

TMac mentioned in the Wolverine thread something about an Avengers relaunch...

I was working on my dcbservice order and hoping to find a good place to drop the avengers stuff, but I don't see a relaunch. They are doing all this Siege stuff - is that most likely the "relaunch" in question? Anyone have any other info on this possibility?

I'd love for New / Dark Avengers to both end!

From what I've read on various sites etc, there was talk of a re-launch after the Siege Mini and the end of Dark Reign. I don't know if they are re-booting from #1 or back to the original numbering....But I get the idea that it will include Cap, Thor and Iron Man.

New Avengers - I still enjoy this book.

Dark Avengers - No real need. Pull it back into the Thunderbolts title and alternate with the Z-list cast in their now.

Mighty Avengers - Started well enough, but has gone downhill. I dropped it some months ago.

Pat

So, that would make it Avengers #1 volume 10 already? lol

After getting burned with all of the Reborn and then new retcon #1s in the late 90s I have not been back. The Avengers Dissassembled story line started out cool but fizzled fast as well. Time for Marvel to finally get things sorted out with a movie coming up in 2011.

Perhaps with the return of Steve Rogers as Captain America and the trinity with Thor and Iron Man reuniting, we will see their team with the return to original Avengers numbering. New Avengers can probably still and will most likely continue to be an ongoing series with all the other "new" Avengers.

Perhaps with Dark Avengers, we will see that book fold into the Thunderbolts since, numerous of the DA characters leapt over into Dark Avengers. There's even been a solicitation for Iron Fist and Luke Cage in the Thunderbolts. Perhaps eventually Dark Avengers can be the dark book? ala X-Force?

Either way, I think we'll probably say bye to Mighty and Dark Avengers and have The Avengers continuing numbering at like #505 or something and have New Avengers continuing.

I've got to think they're getting ready for a #600....

The original + New + Mighty equals near 600 now.....

It all depends on how much they want to run it up. Vol 3. ends at #503, Mighty Avenger #32 and counting, New Avengers #60 and counting. With these numbers we are at 595. If you add the 102 from West Coast Avengers we have 697. I doubt they will run it up that far though because #600 seems the be the magic number for them.

*These numbers include the December solicts.

what does WC Avengers have to do with it?

So Avengers isn't at 600+ (unlike ASM) because of that 13 issue second series in the 90's Liefield did that didn't count towards the #s when they reverted back to the 500s? Or did that short series count too? (I guess ASM has been weekly and bi-monthly at points, so maybe that doesn't make sense...)

These reboots are frigging criminal. DC is the worst offender. Yeah, I know, Marvel only reverted because they realized 500 and 600 anniversary issues under the old numbering had more appeal than issue #100, 200 of a reboot series.

It's a real shame that WW, GL, Flash, Superman don't have their original numbering.

They should stick to the Deadpool numbering. #900. Just make it up.

Cracked me up. Especially making fun of the picture gallery. An entire page of the "Deadpool" covers was purposelly blurred to give the appearance that there were more issues to make it to 900. Good times.

Pat

what does WC Avengers have to do with it?

So Avengers isn't at 600+ (unlike ASM) because of that 13 issue second series in the 90's Liefield did that didn't count towards the #s when they reverted back to the 500s? Or did that short series count too? (I guess ASM has been weekly and bi-monthly at points, so maybe that doesn't make sense...)

These reboots are frigging criminal. DC is the worst offender. Yeah, I know, Marvel only reverted because they realized 500 and 600 anniversary issues under the old numbering had more appeal than issue #100, 200 of a reboot series.

It's a real shame that WW, GL, Flash, Superman don't have their original numbering.

What does WC Avengers have to do with it? Nothing except that its an Avengers title. Tales of Suspense didn't only deal with Captain Americs, Tales to Astonish didn't only have to do with the Hulk and Journey in Mystery didn't only have to deal with Thor. However that didn't stop them when they did the renumbering. Marvel actually left out Captain America Comics when they did the renumbering for Captain America. At the end of the day, Marvel is going to do whatever they feels is going to make them the most money.

When I made my original post I was just saying that at 595 or close to it, they maybe reverting back to captialize on the #600 issue like they did with Spider-man and Captain America. With WC Avengers they could capitalize on a #700 issue. Thats it, thats all I was saying. The short series of Avengers counted. The first series actually ended at #402. How can vol. 3 end at #503 if it was only 84 issues?

Also, like I said in my first post. It only depends on how much they want to run up the numbering. 595 without WC, 697 with it. Thats not including Avengers Iniative or Young Avengers. My whole point is that Marvel is going to make as much money as they possibly can off of us. Is it criminal? No, or they would be going to jail. Are they trying to capitalize off of all the collectors? Yes. Why shouldn't they? The collectors are trying to capitalize off of them.

The constant changing of the numbering bothers me, but I'm a reader first. Retcons bother me more than Marvel or DC trying to make quick flip profit.

Propose Lineup for me would be

Captain America

Iron Man

Thor

Hank Pym

Spider-Man

Black Widow

That way you have two tacticians (cap and Iron Man)

Two power houses (Thor and Hank Pym if he grows up)

Two spies/spy capable (Black Widow, Spiderman)

Plus each has a secondary strength

Cap--Spy

Iron Man--Power house

Thor--- I got Nothing

Hank Pym-- Science

Spider-Man-- Science

Black Widow---Tactician

Propose Lineup for me would be

Captain America

Iron Man

Thor

Hank Pym

Spider-Man

Black Widow

Two spies/spy capable (Black Widow, Spiderman)

Cap--Spy

Iron Man--Power house

Thor--- I got Nothing

Hank Pym-- Science

Spider-Man-- Science

Black Widow---Tactician

:gossip: thor --- God/dealing with mythological stuff

:gossip: thor --- God/dealing with mythological stuff

True

Amended

My Proposed Lineup would be

Captain America

Iron Man

Thor

Hank Pym

Spider-Man

Black Widow

Two spies/spy capable (Black Widow, Spider-man)

Cap--Spy

Iron Man--Power house

Thor--- God/dealing with mythological stuff

Hank Pym-- Science

Spider-Man-- Science

Black Widow---Tactician