• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why do Anti-Pressers HATE pressing?

1,017 posts in this topic

As I said before, if those of you reading this have a problem with what's being posted, you should bring those complaints to moderation. Not being sarcastic in any way. Complaints to moderation are what gets responded to, so if what is happening bothers you, say something about, whether through notify or via PM. That's the only way it can be addressed by moderation. They can't fix what they aren't aware of.

Frankly, I prefer discussing the ins and outs of pressing and the greater market, myself, but the side chatter doesn't bother, and never has bothered, me, but if it bothers others, say something.

After all...the ones causing the problems are already complaining. Why not offer a bit of a balance?

I'm going to hit notify on my own post.

Let me let me...wait why am I hitting it...but I have been dying to hit something for awhile

You know...this could be taken a different way than you...um...nevermind. :):baiting:

I may or may not hit that ...it's a personal choice..don't judge

lol I can relate.

No I don't find it ridiculous.i find it completely absurd I am having this conversation as an adult with another adult.

And your definition of a couple is misleading. There's a fine line between annoying and funny, work on that

But continue with your theories, someone better than will come along and make a more eloquent post on the subject and you focus on them

The difference between annoying and funny is personal preference. I find one post some do endlessly annoying but some can go on endlessly and I never stop laughing.

In any of the cases it is never okay to pile-on as a group and attack someone because you found their funny to be annoying.

It isn't a theory, it is what is going on. You say it is absurd that you are having this conversation with another adult - I feel the same way. The difference here is I am defending myself while you are justifying your negative actions.

It wasn't as if one comment was made to tell me that I was not funny, there was a group attack to belittle me over the course of several pages. Piling on and sniping with mean spirited comments in-between people trying to have a conversation on pressing. It could have been dropped multiple times but people could not resist them temptation to be mean.

However, when I respond because I feel I am being treated unfairly - I am irrational and childish. That is ridiculous.

What was the joke and how many times was it repeated? I'll tell you, definitively, if it was annoying or funny.

Don't worry, I'll keep my personal preferences out of it. :preach:

No I don't find it ridiculous.i find it completely absurd I am having this conversation as an adult with another adult.

And your definition of a couple is misleading. There's a fine line between annoying and funny, work on that

But continue with your theories, someone better than will come along and make a more eloquent post on the subject and you focus on them

The difference between annoying and funny is personal preference. I find one post some do endlessly annoying but some can go on endlessly and I never stop laughing.

In any of the cases it is never okay to pile-on as a group and attack someone because you found their funny to be annoying.

It isn't a theory, it is what is going on. You say it is absurd that you are having this conversation with another adult - I feel the same way. The difference here is I am defending myself while you are justifying your negative actions.

It wasn't as if one comment was made to tell me that I was not funny, there was a group attack to belittle me over the course of several pages. Piling on and sniping with mean spirited comments in-between people trying to have a conversation on pressing. It could have been dropped multiple times but people could not resist them temptation to be mean.

However, when I respond because I feel I am being treated unfairly - I am irrational and childish. That is ridiculous.

What was the joke and how many times was it repeated? I'll tell you, definitively, if it was annoying or funny.

#STFUCanadian

#Latetothegame

#Andyeatsboogers

#coineessmell

Children behaving infantile.

What grade in junior high are all this young girls whining about who did what to who?

CGC board mods, can we get a "drama queen" sub-forum where these young ladies can carry on this utterly ridiculous conversation?

So basically what we are getting at is that Rofliii and Slym are getting into it. Kav is trying to talk sense into people (which is hysterically amusing btw) and in the end the thread will be pruned and either RMA or Columbia Comics will get a wrist slap for something.

Does this sum everything up?

"assault" = lack of perspective.

Really, you think I lack perspective? You have literally been told by the boss of here that what you do and how you do it on a regular basis is in violation of the rules - but fight on anyway.

You were literally not involved in the discussion at all and we had not exchanged in months. Yet you could not resist the temptation to "teach me a lesson" and pile-on with your buddies. You literally cannot stop yourself - you have to be condescending.

No amount of spoiler tags will keep you from getting banned, it is only a matter of time.

But yeah, your "perspective" is spot on. Please continue.

Or maybe try working on this before throwing more stones:

There's more to be said, but let's address this section for the time being. I'd like to give careful consideration before saying more, but this should suffice for now.

There is a repeating pattern to posts that tend to escalate things.

Step 1: You are wrong. OR Here is your problem.

Yes, and...? ARE they wrong? DO they have a problem?

Let's set aside the idea that this is an oversimplification or mischaracterization, and let's assume, for the sake of the argument, that it's an accurate description of what is actually going on.

You say this as if it's a bad thing. You start with a faulty premise that being told you're wrong or that you have a problem is necessarily a bad thing.

And, you're right...to those who value form over substance, who are politically correct, it IS a bad thing.

SNIP

Too much here to squeeze in any reasonable reply to the whole thing. On this point though -

Yes, getting to the crux of a disagreement and discussing it is valuable. Also, it's valuable to the resolution of that disagreement for people to valid each other's view point.

The key, I think, is to achieve both of those things. Let people know where your opinion differs, and also let them know that they are right about key things. Most often, the key to both a disagreement and an eventual agreement is recognizing the common ground first, and then finding some ways to add nuance to it.

See above. I am agreeing with the point that identifying a disagreement is important. I'm adding to that the idea that it's better to add meaning from there. It tends to work better than "you are wrong".

It's somewhat ironic that you started with a "yes, and..." phrasing in your post but quickly converted to "You start with a faulty premise that being told you're wrong or that you have a problem is necessarily a bad thing."

The sentence construction you used follows a pretty useful principle of improv - the "yes, and..." approach.

You might find the article below interesting. I would encourage you to keep two points in mind:

1. The sentence structure does not successfully accomplish the intent. Saying "yes, and also you are totally wrong and I'm here to fix that" is a head fake.

2. Don't buy into the final line about 5 years olds carving grafitti into a paint job too much. If you have a track record of evolving every thread into a sparring match with multiple opponents (like has just happened) you are way better off avoiding the judgement that "this is one of those cases where the other adult is so off base that I'm allowed to be prescriptive."

You might be wrong - chances are good. So go WAY past your own inclination of deciding when you have been "reasonable enough".

http://99u.com/articles/7183/the-yes-and-approach-less-ego-more-openness-more-possibility

For the sake of time, I will skip to the end of your post:

In other words, my awful board crime is that some board members find me annoying.

Have I got that about right...?

And that's worth the threat of banning, because people are annoyed by the way I speak...? And instead of teaching people how to deal with those they find "annoying", your answer is to threaten the "annoyance" with a permanent ban...?

Do you really think that's reasonable?

Yes, I do.

This is kind of like asking if it's reasonable to evict a tenant for occasionally having a party, when the real question is whether it's ok to frequently have huge parties with boomingly loud music.

The problem isn't the party. It's the size and frequency of the disturbance.

Since this post I am replying to, you have gone on to conflict with another new round of posters in this thread, and to use many of the friction causing techniques that I just mentioned to you in the process. It's another round of "you read me wrong, that's your perspective, you chose to feel that way" kind of things.

It isn't necessary for you to agree with my points in your heart. That's your domain and you will think what you want. I can offer you some ideas and some alternative perspectives, but in the end it is your opinion to form.

It is necessary, though, for you to make more progress towards peaceful posting if you want to keep posting here.

You will have to read your own posts with empathy in order to understand them as moderation and your recipients will understand them. That will help you out more than expecting everyone else perceive them on your terms.

So basically what we are getting at is that Rofliii and Slym are getting into it. Kav is trying to talk sense into people (which is hysterically amusing btw) and in the end the thread will be pruned and either RMA or Columbia Comics will get a wrist slap for something.

Does this sum everything up?

lol

:(

lol

#STFUCanadian

#Latetothegame

#Andyeatsboogers

#coineessmell

Funny

#STFUCanadian

#Latetothegame

#Andyeatsboogers

#coineessmell

Funny

#Funny, #getitright, # :makepoint:

Why do some of you feel the need to totally derail this thread? This directionless argument has been going on for pages and pages, it doesn't even resemble a thread about anything anymore.

Maybe one of you should try being the bigger person and let someone else have the last word so we can all move on. Just a suggestion.

14l6c7.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker

#Prurient

Children behaving infantile.

What grade in junior high are all this young girls whining about who did what to who?

CGC board mods, can we get a "drama queen" sub-forum where these young ladies can carry on this utterly ridiculous conversation?

:(

leaving the mature ladies out of the conversation..( j/k tech. grandmas are not usually in the young lady category bummer)

There are also a lot of people who thought that the posts were axe-grinding and foolish, but chose not to comment. :hi:

If someone continuously pops up and snipes at someone, repeatedly and over time, it's ok to have an axe to grind with them. they started grinding first.

This is exactly my point. Having an axe to grind and using humor to try to mask it is passive aggressive, which is usually not going to come off as well as pure self-amusement or inside jokes between friends, which again is about amusement and not axe-grinding.

Yes the guy who popped up and sniped at rfoii is passive aggressive. Pretty much most of his posts are of this nature. He goes around sniping and posting the snickering emoticon. That is his contribution to the boards.

Who gives two who contributes what to the boards? Does someone get a gold star because they offered something on topic or witty or groundbreaking?

Rfoii has acted like an 8 year old who wasn't invited to the party. He wasn't invted because he is a doosh that no one likes. Watching him throw a hissy fit because others are goofing is awesome. The problem is you dude. Figure it out.

You and Slym doing whatever dance it is that you are doing is super cool. Keep on keeping on. Don't be surprised when others take you task because it is akin to having a robust conversation in a restaurant while the next table is drunkenly boasting about their toenail fungus and who was the first to get gonorrhea from their sister.

Carry on.

That was harsh

Of course it was.

In this thread alone, many people have tried reason and hinting and dancing around the fact that you guys are having your hissy fit slap fight in here.

At least have a little, tiny bit of self awareness.

There are multiple people arguing in this thread. My posts have been some of the calmer posts. Is this comment directed at everyone or just me? Kudos on the self-awareness.