• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Making a Profit?

266 posts in this topic

Is there a problem with buying and selling comic books for profit?

Just wondering because I remember reading once (dont remember who) saying that it was unethical to buy comics cheap and then selling for huge profits.

Isn't that what some do by getting signatures, or pressing or having comics graded specifically for selling?

Personally I have no problem with anyone buying/selling for whatever they want, just wondering what the thoughts were out there.

nothing wrong with it as long as you don't lie or cheat or steal. I haven't sold a book in my life but beside the fun of collecting and the arts, part of it is the "hope" that what I bought will worth more down the road.

Is there a problem with buying and selling comic books for profit?

It's evil. (tsk) Nine out of ten people who do it are also registered sex offenders. :gossip:

:o Thanks for the heads up!!!!!!!! :flamed:

What I usually do to keep from Pizzing someone off here on the Boards, is if I decide to sell a book I purchased here, I will PM the seller to offer the book back at the price I paid for it.

I dont personally think I need to do that, I just do it out of courtesy.

What I usually do to keep from Pizzing someone off here on the Boards, is if I decide to sell a book I purchased here, I will PM the seller to offer the book back at the price I paid for it.

But if you paid what the seller originally wanted for it and later you find someone who's willing to pay what you want for it, what's the problem?

But if you paid what the seller originally wanted for it and later you find someone who's willing to pay what you want for it, what's the problem?

:sumo:

It's evil. (tsk) Nine out of ten people who do it are also registered sex offenders. :gossip:

Sir I will have you know that there are very few registered sex offenders here.........................

Depends on how you got the book in the first place.

If your conscience is ok with it than you are probably doing ok. However, if you have nagging doubts or feel defensive about it than your answer lies somewhere within.

The answer is not so black and white.

I would just like to break even. (shrug)

:applause:

Most of the time when I sell these days, I'm barely breaking even, or (more often) taking losses of varying degrees, especially on lower/mid grade lots w/free shipping. But a little bit of liquidity is better than none, plus I know the books are going to genuine fans who will really enjoy them, so no complaints...

I would just like to break even. (shrug)

:applause:

Most of the time when I sell these days, I'm barely breaking even, or (more often) taking losses of varying degrees, especially on lower/mid grade lots w/free shipping. But a little bit of liquidity is better than none, plus I know the books are going to genuine fans who will really enjoy them, so no complaints...

(thumbs u

Sir I will have you know that there are very few registered sex offenders here.........................

:shy: