• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slightly OT - Anyone watching "V" tonight?

93 posts in this topic

:takeit: Hiyo!

I cannot believe I watched "V" instead of watching ESPN 30 for 30 documentary episode, "Without Bias"... complete let down.

Here is some of my gripes...

Cause a fighter jet to crash in the middle of New York, but what about the other hundreds or thousands of planes flying around the world?

When the humongous ship finally settle above the New York, gives it speech of "coming in peace"... and the people clap in praise?

Within the matter of suppose days... people are boarding their ships "willy-nilly" for healthcare related problems!?

Especially love the how everyone finds all of the "visitors" to be attractive, but forget they are aliens!?

The "visitors" come from a beautiful, peaceful, prosperous world, but the wont tell where it is or why did they need to come to earth so badly (If everything is so perfect there?) and with so many of you "visitors"!?

Oh! My favorite questions that is seemingly not too important to ask...

"Why did you park your humongous ships over major key cities around the world, if you come in peace!? Why not park over the large oceans we have!?"

... or, "How do you know all the languages on Earth that is spoken, but you seemingly act aloof?"

...or, "Do you think I believe that you all actually look like us, though your alien to our world!?"

P.S.

Love the resistance scene... "They been here for years! Create instabilities in our world, you know... unnecessary wars, broken economy, religion turned extremists!"

Why do they not just say that George W. Bush, economist/wall street/company executives, and the terrorist are all "sleeper-visitors"!?

P.S.S.

Sorry, seen and loved the original series though there was some parts that got a little annoying from "V: The Movie (I belief this was a movie, though might be wrong), V: Final Battle (1-3), and V: The Series" (Original) in relations to the reptile-aliens having a prophecy and "religion of the light". Overall it was a quite nice run... this re-hashed stuff is awlful and rather wish they brought back the series, INVASION!

P.S.

Love the resistance scene... "They been here for years! Create instabilities in our world, you know... unnecessary wars, broken economy, religion turned extremists!"

Why do they not just say that George W. Bush, economist/wall street/company executives, and the terrorist are all "sleeper-visitors"!?

Actually, I've read that the public's fawning and unquestioning acceptance of the Visitors (witness the priest's speech about jumping on their "bandwagon") is a not-so-veiled criticism/parallel of the public's race to embrace the current president and his administration. Consider the plot of "a charismatic leader offers a message of hope for a better future [which includes universal healthcare] to a world that's been dealing with wars, economic troubles and other woes. Most citizens of the world adore the newcomer, and the news media fails to ask tough questions about how this leader will solve all of our problems."

"V" warns that we should ask questions and not follow our leaders blindly. :applause:

I cannot believe I watched "V" instead of watching ESPN 30 for 30 documentary episode, "Without Bias"... complete let down.

You need to get a DVR. I "taped" V and watched Without Bias. But honestly all it was was a rehash of what everyone already knows. I've been a big fan of the 30 for 30 series, and the Bias episode was good, but it didn't meet the level of previous installments...

Jim

P.S.

Actually, I've read that the public's fawning and unquestioning acceptance of the Visitors (witness the priest's speech about jumping on their "bandwagon") is a not-so-veiled criticism/parallel of the public's race to embrace the current president and his administration. Consider the plot of "a charismatic leader offers a message of hope for a better future [which includes universal healthcare] to a world that's been dealing with wars, economic troubles and other woes. Most citizens of the world adore the newcomer, and the news media fails to ask tough questions about how this leader will solve all of our problems."

"V" warns that we should ask questions and not follow our leaders blindly. :applause:

(worship)

There is a V comic. I have the whole run, I just need to sit down and read them.

What exactly is your avatar a picture of?

Ron

Star Trek. What else? (shrug) Hope everything going well on your end.

Watched it last night. Interesting enough that I'll watch the next episode. Perfect? No, but far from the cheesy attempts of some pilot episodes..

Here is some of my gripes...

Cause a fighter jet to crash in the middle of New York, but what about the other hundreds or thousands of planes flying around the world?

The "visitors" come from a beautiful, peaceful, prosperous world, but the wont tell where it is or why did they need to come to earth so badly (If everything is so perfect there?) and with so many of you "visitors"!?

Both got explained in the first 15 minutes of the show.

1)Jets crashing: The only jets that crashed were the ones that came into close proximity with the mother ships. Passenger planes and other aircraft would specifically divert away from a large object in the sky and would not be flying so low over cities. The only planes that would be anywhere near the mother ships would be military jets sent to intercept.

2)Why they are here?:In her first speech on the giant jumbo-trons underneath the mother ships Anna details that her planet "needs Water, something your planet has in abundance, and in exchange we will give you our technological advances and medical cures, and once we have what we need we will leave you, hopefully better than we found you."

3) Why so many?: Since they need water they would obviously need enough people and space to carry the water back. It sounds plausible if you don't know they are lizards with a taste for human flesh.

Best,

Chris

P.S.

Good retort. But no politics here you rascals :sumo:

I bet she gets knocked up by the Earth dude.

Remember the birthing scene from the original mini-series? :sick:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TufUH1T-F18

Watching it now just doesn't have the impact it did back then. If I remember correctly, the lizard baby died and the human looking one was named Elizabeth.