• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slightly OT - Anyone watching "V" tonight?

93 posts in this topic

I was a huge fan of the originals from the 80's and when I heard about this new series I was very excited!

I just watched the first two episodes of the new series and have to say, what a let down!

I don't like the body snatchers feel to it, guess who is a alien and who is not. Can't be bothered with that nonsense, you know they will get you liking some characters and they'll turn out to be aliens, how original.

The ships don't seem that big, in the original they looked huge, here in the widescreen shot they just look like a rebel transport ship from Star Wars.

The Priest irritated me, there's dumb, and then there's dumber. The cliffhanger for episode 2, wow he's still alive, fantastic, lol.

Overaul gutted, classic from the 80's then they give me this!

:( herc

I think the older priest is a visitor.

so do I

I watched the original series but can't remember it :ohnoez:

this remake needs to speed it up a bit :taptaptap:

So did I.

Seems too obvious hm

The FBI chief had a recording of the phonecall that was intercepted by the V.

That is a little too obvious as well.

Does anyone think they might not be wanting to eat humans this time?

Is that a definite, or are we just assuming?

I enjoyed the first episode, but thought the second was too much a police procedural with not enough sci-fi.

I enjoyed the second episode. I too thought it was kinda slow but think they're still setting up the premise. If it remains slow for the next show then I'll have to wonder how well it's working.

They have only four episodes to sell it for an additional set to be produced. I can't imagine they aren't going to ramp up things pretty quickly with the final two...

Agreed...and also think the Tory character from Galactica, the FBI agent, is one also..

Question though, I watched the old mini and sporatically watched the series when it first ran, but were there alien sympathers, i'e the African-American character, in the original?

Jim

so do I

I watched the original series but can't remember it :ohnoez:

this remake needs to speed it up a bit :taptaptap:

So did I.

Seems too obvious hm

Does anyone think they might not be wanting to eat humans this time?

Is that a definite, or are we just assuming?

I don't know about that one since he did go to say at 28:08 of episode 2 that he got the recording from DEA since the warehouse is supposivly being watched.

---------------------

As for the old priest he might just be old school religion. It sure does give the impression that he may be a V but it goes with that whole who can you trust issue.

---------------------

As for this new series I like it so far. I liked the old series too. I just hope they have sand sharks this time too.

I don't know about that one since he did go to say at 28:08 of episode 2 that he got the recording from DEA since the warehouse is supposivly being watched.

Seemed like a weak explanation. How many warehouses are in the city?

Why would the overly-cautious sleeper cell choose a warehouse that's been bugged?

The FBI chief being a V makes it much easier for the V to keep themselves hidden.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the V toll-free tip-off number was in his control.

Seemed like a weak explanation. How many warehouses are in the city?

Why would the overly-cautious sleeper cell choose a warehouse that's been bugged?

The FBI chief being a V makes it much easier for the V to keep themselves hidden.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the V toll-free tip-off number was in his control.

couple issue with this.

The warehouse wasn't a sleeper cell but was the meeting place for the resistance.

Her partner was the V and was doing the tip offs.

1. In episode 2 when talking to the FBI V infiltrators wife she showed a list of phone calls on his cell which coincide with previous raids timelines.

2. In episode 1 they talked about how everytime they found a terrorist cell (now we know these to be V cells) that they where cleared out and nobody to be found thus why in episode 2 they didn't call in when they found the information for the resistance meeting thinking they where going to a terrorist cell.

3. We know for fact her partner was a V.

We know that it was her parter that was informing that there would be a raid.

An FBI Chief would be more then aware of these raids thus elminating the need for her partner to even have to call in the first place if indeed the chief was a V.

Regardless we will just have to keep watching to see if indeed the priest and the FBI chief are V's :)