• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Spotlight 5... after 9 years a 9.8. What's left?

194 posts in this topic

Agreed... but maybe the other one looks nice.

Doubtful, as the mass-pressers all look for that fat white spine to better work their evil deeds. It's ironic really, that the ugliest books out there are the ones being pancaked into CGC 9.8 slabs.

Agreed... but maybe the other one looks nice.

Doubtful, as the mass-pressers all look for that fat white spine to better work their evil deeds. It's ironic really, that the ugliest books out there are the ones being pancaked into CGC 9.8 slabs.

It is, they've spotted a kink in the CGC theorem on what makes a top grade, and are making a nice mockery of things (thumbs u

This is far from being *new* news (so to speak). Hope this doesn't turn into another anti-pressing thread by the time I return.

:slapfight:

My bad, just that the WBN#32 book (a prime example right before us) in the coming clink auction is obviously a spectre52 book... saying it's been pressed..., it's safer bet than saying the sun is coming up tomorrow!

This is far from being *new* news (so to speak). Hope this doesn't turn into another anti-pressing thread by the time I return.

:slapfight:

My bad, just that the WBN#32 book (a prime example right before us) in the coming clink auction is obviously a spectre52 book... saying it's been pressed..., it's safer bet than saying the sun is coming up tomorrow!

I wouldn't disagree that it has most *likely* been pressed. That said, you are assuming a little bit. Matt's not the only presser in the game for one (if its been pressed)... and *miswrapped spine* books that are *naturally* in high grade are not always pressed... because they don't have to be to attain high grades. Just saying...

I have often wondered if you could work out who had the book based on the cgc number, if you knew another book with a very close number could have come from the same invoice pile.

That used to be the case. In a rather noteworthy instance here on the boards, years back... Greggy employed that tactic (without permission) on a notorious BSD submitter's account and produced and listed his full invoice of books. He flipped... and the policy and how CGC handled that was changed.

That used to be the case. In a rather noteworthy instance here on the boards, years back... Greggy employed that tactic (without permission) on a notorious BSD submitter's account and produced and listed his full invoice of books. He flipped... and the policy and how CGC handled that was changed.

Really, is there a link to that thread? :popcorn:

Scooby Doo 1 (GK) - no 9.8 and nothing higher than 9.2

I'm personally thinking more of the mainstream publishers/titles, but of course that is valid.

The 9.2 was mine and came from an original owner collection that was unread/untouched. When 1st submitted, this pristine book actually came back graded 8.5 with a brand new tear on the back cover. I re-submitted, and it came back a 9.2. I totally soured on CGC after that.

Ya that will leave a fairly sour taste in your mouth :P

:gossip:

Speaking of a sour taste in your mouth,you might want to check out the PROBATION THREAD