• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Spotlight 5... after 9 years a 9.8. What's left?

194 posts in this topic

BB13...long time no hear. I think I'm garnishing 10 posts a month now...so I'm kinda in the same boat.

I'm still waiting for a Dark Mansion #1, Sinister House of Secret Love #1, HOS #92, Witching Hour #1, Ghosts #1, Weird War Tales #1 in 9.8.

Heck, I'm still waiting for a HOS #81 in 9.6.

Hey Sterling, thought you might have the horror genre covered.

Wasn't HOS 81 late SA technically? If we are including "Borderline Bronze"... I'd have a longer list for sure. Like Marvel Super-Heroes 18, etc.

Batman 222, 254

Beware! #1

Blitzkrieg #1

Cerebus #1

Dark Mansion of Forbidden Love #1

DC 100 page Super Spectacular #4

Demon #1

Four Star Spectacular #1

Four-Star Battle Tales #1

Ghosts #1

Green Lantern #76, 77, 78, 84, 87

House of Secrets #92

Hercules Unbound #1

Korak, Son of Tarzan #1

Marvel Premiere #1

Sinister House of Secret Love #1

Son of Satan #1

Weird War Tales #1

Werewolf by Night #32

Witching Hour #1

Yes, I forgot the HOS 81 is technically late SA...but man no 9.6s...that's harsh.

Yes Sean...we both lost that one... lol Crazy days...

Now I'm seeing a glut of CGC books on the market at a time when unemployment in the US is 10.2% (or 17% depending on which numbers you want to believe)...definitely laser focussed on anything I do buy now.

marvel, through "H"

Chamber of Chills 1

Crypt of Shadows 1

Dynomutt 1

Fear 1

Giant-Size Daredevil 1

Giant-Size Doc Savage 1

Giant-Size Kid Colt 1

Giant-Size Power Man 1

Gothic Tales of Love 1

Gunhawks 1

Hanna-Barbara Spotlight 1

Harvey 1

Human Torch 1

24 9.8 copies of Human Fly 1 in the census, by the way. and 64 9.6s.

There are only 7 9.6s and no 9.8s. Even greggy is stuck with a 9.4. :roflmao:

As in the Jack Kirby Demon series? Wow, that really surprises me. I thought all those early 70s Kirby DCs got hoarded out the wazoo.

some other #1s by DC from the BA that don't appear to have any 9.8 copies in the census as of today;

Korak, Son of Tarzan 1

There is no such thing as BA DC Korak #1, just like there is no such thing as BA DC Tarzan #1. They continued the numbering from their respective SA GK series.

Nice additions Sal! (thumbs u

How some of these escaped me I don't know. I've owned 9.6's and have been searching for upgrades on Chamber, Crypt, Fear, Gunhawks (only 9.2 I have) and Human Torch. I'm sorry... but I can't bring myself to add a couple of those to the list though. Dynomut? yeeesh.

Batman 222, 254

Beware! #1

Blitzkrieg #1

Chamber of Chills #1

Crypt of Shadows #1

Cerebus #1

Dark Mansion of Forbidden Love #1

DC 100 page Super Spectacular #4

Demon #1

Fear #1

Four Star Spectacular #1

Four-Star Battle Tales #1

Ghosts #1

Giant-Size: Daredevil #1, Doc Savage #1, Kid Colt #1, Power Man #1

Green Lantern #76, 77, 78, 84, 87

Gunhawks #1

Harvey #1

House of Secrets #92

Hercules Unbound #1

Human Torch #1

Marvel Premiere #1

Sinister House of Secret Love #1

Son of Satan #1

Weird War Tales #1

Werewolf by Night #32

I haven't checked the census, but I believe...

Marvel Premiere #1

Beware! #1

Demon #1

are also amongst Bronze keys and/or #1's that have not achieved a 9.8 grade as of yet.

Any others? I'm guessing there are some horror #1's/keys that would make the list too.

Beware! #1

Demon #1

Green Lantern #76

Marvel Premiere #1

Werewolf #32

House of Secrets #92 has 6 in 9.6, zero in 9.8

Star Wars #1 35 cent variant, has 3 copies in 9.4, zero in 9.6 zero in 9.8

DC 100 page Super Spectacular #5 1 in 9.4, zero in 9.6, zero in 9.8

Those three books would sell for some serious coin if a 9.8 would hit the market.

ahem - as of recent developments there is a Star Wars Variant 9.6

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fsearch.asp%3FPreviewCode%3D2009nov7%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Dstar%2Bwars%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item_818892&id=818892

Figured I'd contribute a little. :whee:

There is now a 9.8 Marvel Spotlight 5 in the shortly upcoming ComicLink auction. I thought my soon to be resub'd copy would be the first... not. The 9.8 copy offered is a white bordered, slightly angled copy (which would almost be necessary) to assure a NM/M copy. Marvel Spotlight 5 9.8... yeah... 9.8.

Off the top of my head... that leaves Werewolf 32 amongst the last of the major/semi-major Bronze keys to attain this level.

Aside from Moon Knight's first appearance (WW 32)... what other bronze beauties (besides GL 76) have not been found in perfect condition to date? And, what do we think this copy will garner? Is 15-20K+ out of the question?

Looks like $15K... If it was well-centered and had White pages I'm thinking 20-25ish.

Bruce !!!.....Great to see you back on here !.....Course, I am slowing getting back into comics. I am not abandoning OA, but I am more than a little discouraged with prices.

Anyway, Jungle Action 23 is not key, but impossible to find in 9.6 or better. A board member has been looking for years for a copy in 9.6