• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Florida Supercon - June 18-20, 2010 - Miami, FL

83 posts in this topic

This year's FSC will be June 18-20, 2010... we swapped dates with Heroes Con, so we're a little later into June

Same location: The Doubletree Miami Airport Convention Center

711 NW 72nd Ave

Miami, FL. 33126

It's still early, but here's the initial guest list for the show

Comic Book guests:

Khoi Pham, Bill Sienkiewicz, Dennis Calero, D. Giordano, Joe Jusko, Clayton Henry, Fred Van Lente, Allen Bellman, Georges Jeanty, Pat Broderick, Kristen Sorra, Derec Donovan, Pat Bastienne, Rob Hunter, Alex Saviuk, Terry Cronin, Pat Martin, Ricky Carralero, Ralph Cabrera, Greg Kirkpatrick, Rob Jones, Austin Janowsky

Media guests:

Lloyd Kaufman (Troma Entertainment), MC Frontalot (Musical Guest), Robbed By A Flute (Musical Guests), Sci-Fried (Musical Guests), Brittney Karbowski (Anime Voice Actress), Christopher Smith (Anime Voice Actor), Dana Snyder (Voice Actor), plus the cast of Peanuts/Charlie Brown: Brad Kesten (Charlie Brown), Angela Lee-Sloan (Lucy) and Stacy Heather Tolkin (Sally).

Also, it looks like we'll be doing our first variant comic with Top Cow, who will be setting up at the show as exhibitors

More news to come...

The show is still almost 5 months away, and we're waiting on a bunch of confirmations, but here's the current updated guest list:

(Comic Guests)

Bill Sienkiewicz

Khoi Pham

Dennis Calero

Paul Gulacy

Fred Van Lente

Georges Jeanty

Allen Bellman

D. Giordano

Joe Jusko

Clayton Henry

Pat Broderick

Kristen Sorra

Derec Donovan

Pat Bastienne

Rob Hunter

Alex Saviuk

Greg "Dark One" Williams

D. Kulpa

Jason Metcalf

Terry Cronin

Pat Martin

Ricky Carralero

Ralph Cabrera

Greg Kirkpatrick

Rob Jones

Austin Janowsky

Kevin Stokes

and more!

(Media Guests)

Tia Carrere (Actress)

Lloyd Kaufman (Troma Entertainment)

Larry Kenney (Voice Actor)

Troy Baker (Voice Actor)

Charles Fleisher (Actor / Comedian)

Dana Snyder (Voice Actor)

The cast of Peanuts/Charlie Brown: Brad Kesten (Charlie Brown), Angela Lee-Sloan (Lucy) and Stacy Heather Tolkin (Sally)

Brittney Karbowski (Anime Voice Actress)

Christopher Smith (Anime Voice Actor)

Julie McCullough (Actress)

MC Frontalot (Musical Guest)

Louise Robey (Actress)

Lisa Corrao (Comedian)

Robbed By A Flute (Musical Guests)

Sci-Fried (Musical Guests)

and more!

Taro90:

I'm sure Al Feldstein getting sick last year and having to cancel all his appearances at conventions might have had something to do with his not being able to come last year. We're not the only show he cancelled.... and if I remember correctly, we removed him from our site and advertising in March of last year (after he cancelled Megacon), 3 months before our show.

As for Sheldon Moldoff... he made a commitment to the show that he chose not to honor. We agreed to everything he asked, and he agreed to come to the show... you want to be upset at someone - feel free to direct it to the person who cancelled at the last minute with no concern for the show or the fans. At least Al Feldstein had a really good reason.

I'm looking to add about 10 or more "name" artists / writers in the next few months... I have several artists that are a maybe (but I can't announce them until they commit solidly)... and there are several that i'm trying to convince. If you have any ideas... i'm open

Um.....

Stan Lee

Jim Lee

Jae Lee

(Apparently anyone with a Lee for a last name :) )

Todd McFarlane

Joe Quesada

Alex Ross

Frank Miller

Jim Steranko (you have the hook up)

Mike Mignola

Ed McGuiness

John Cassiday

J.Scott Campbell

Ill take any one of those Mike for the win :)

Taro90:

I'm sure Al Feldstein getting sick last year and having to cancel all his appearances at conventions might have had something to do with his not being able to come last year. We're not the only show he cancelled.... and if I remember correctly, we removed him from our site and advertising in March of last year (after he cancelled Megacon), 3 months before our show.

As for Sheldon Moldoff... he made a commitment to the show that he chose not to honor. We agreed to everything he asked, and he agreed to come to the show... you want to be upset at someone - feel free to direct it to the person who cancelled at the last minute with no concern for the show or the fans. At least Al Feldstein had a really good reason.

I knew about Al Feldstein, that's why I hope he's in better health this year and you guys can get him to appear at the con. Thanks to GEMMA, I was able to get a Sheldon Moldoff SS for my collection in San Diego. I hope this year you guys get him to appear again and hopefully he will actually show up. I have a couple of more books I would like to get SS. :wishluck::wishluck:

Hey Taro,

I hope Al can make it this year too... I put in an email to him already and haven't heard back... i'll make some more attempts. It's a major problem with some of the older guys... It happens often due to age and health. We need to appreciate the old timers as long as we still have them... the most heartbreaking thing was finding Bob Oksner in 2007 getting him to come out to the show and him passing away just before the show.

As for Sheldon... that's another story... it was really weird the way that went down... he agreed to come... we made all the arrangements... agreed to all his requests and demands... then when the show got closer he said he didn't want to come.

But there are some other really awesome guests i'm trying to lock down... if you have any other thoughts, lemme know

Thanks

mike

Ariel Olivetti has just signed on for the show

The news is so new, I haven't had the time to add him to the website yet.... or tell Par2ch, who i've been trying to call all night with no luck...and since i'm heading to the Tampa show in a few hours it may not go up until Sunday or Monday... but I thought it was really cool news... it's a rare US appearance and it adds another great name to the line up.

Also... we just added Richard Horvitz as a media guest (the voice of Invader Zim) and John Wesley Shipp (The Flash)

So, for those keeping score at home... here's where we are as of now

Florida Supercon 2010 Guest List

Comic Book Guests:

Ariel Olivetti

Bill Sienkiewicz

Khoi Pham

Dennis Calero

Paul Gulacy

Fred Van Lente

Georges Jeanty

Allen Bellman

D. Giordano

Joe Jusko

Clayton Henry

Pat Broderick

Kristen Sorra

Derec Donovan

Pat Bastienne

Rob Hunter

Alex Saviuk

Greg "Dark One" Williams

D. Kulpa

Jason Metcalf

Vinnie Tartamella

Terry Cronin

Pat Martin

Ricky Carralero

Ralph Cabrera

Greg Kirkpatrick

Rob Jones

Austin Janowsky

Kevin Stokes

and more!

(Media Guests)

Tia Carrere (Actress)

Lloyd Kaufman (Troma Entertainment)

Larry Kenney (Voice Actor)

Troy Baker (Voice Actor)

Hershell Gordon Lewis (Horror Filmmaker)

Richard Horvitz (Voice Actor)

John Wesley Shipp (The Flash)

Charles Fleisher (Actor / Comedian)

Dana Snyder (Voice Actor)

The cast of Peanuts/Charlie Brown: Brad Kesten (Charlie Brown), Angela Lee-Sloan (Lucy) and Stacy Heather Tolkin (Sally)

Brittney Karbowski (Anime Voice Actress)

Julie McCullough (Actress)

MC Frontalot (Musical Guest)

Louise Robey (Actress)

Lisa Corrao (Comedian)

Robbed By A Flute (Musical Guests)

Sci-Fried (Musical Guests)

and more!

Ariel Olivetti has just signed on for the show

The news is so new, I haven't had the time to add him to the website yet.... or tell Par2ch, who i've been trying to call all night with no luck...and since i'm heading to the Tampa show in a few hours it may not go up until Sunday or Monday... but I thought it was really cool news... it's a rare US appearance and it adds another great name to the line up.

Ariel Olivetti

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Brad Walker is the latest guest added to our line up

Brad is the current artist for Guardians of the Galaxy. His other art credits include: Actions Comics, Secret Six, Tangent: Superman's Reign, Batman: Legends of the Dark Night, Birds of Prey, Detective Comics, Manhunter, Nightwing,, Manhunter: Unleashed, Richard Dragon and Batman Allies: Secret Files and Origins.