• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hero For Hire CGC 9.2 on ebay... how can this be a 9.2???

32 posts in this topic

CGC ain't perfect. Imagine trying to grade the amount of books that they do. Some will slip through overgraded.

That is not an excuse! You have to treat every book individually and precise,not rushing to get a job done.If it is rushed then getting them graded would be worthless. 2c

Bottom line is those scans are amplifying the damage on the book. It may very well be a soft 9.2, but it is not an 8.0, no matter what those scans look like.

I dont know? this book looks to be an 8.5 at best (shrug)

Bottom line is those scans are amplifying the damage on the book. It may very well be a soft 9.2, but it is not an 8.0, no matter what those scans look like.

I dont know? this book looks to be an 8.5 at best (shrug)

Scans can do funny things to books, especially color breaking spine creases. This is a lesson that Nik taught me. He had a TOD 2 (I think) black cover book. Posted it and it looked like an 8.5 tops. He kept saying it was a 9.2 minimum. Watson bet him something (as I remember it, Watson said he would eat it - - :whistle:) that it would not be 9.2. I and a lot of others agreed with Watson.

It came back 9.2. Scans can magnify these defects in a very real way. As I said, it may be soft, but I guarantee it looks much better in hand, or with a better, less reflective scan.